Retired #29: Patrick Ambrose - Officially retired - 11/8

29 - [PLAYERCARD]Patrick Ambrose[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Contract Status: Retired. 11/8
Last Game Played: Elimination Final 2019 (injured)

Injury Status: Injured, stayed in Vic with a young baby - 18/7
Sore, finished the VFL game on the bench - 29/6

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Does everything Essendon fans cry out for, yet a handful of fans wanted him out because he turns it over once or twice a game. Insanity.

The average AFL player already has super human fitness, and Ambrose has at least x 2 that. Turns 28 at the end of the season, and barring injury, I see no reason why he can't be on an AFL for another 4 years at the very least.

So what you're saying is, if the backline adjusts without him we should try and run him through the midfield.

Not sure if anyone else picked up on it but I thought I saw Ambrose grabbing his quad in the later stages of the game VS West Coast. Anyone with footage feel free to post!
WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT?

Narrative from the club was that he was injured in the warm up prior to the GWS game, I believe he may have injured himself in the final minutes of the WCE game.
I know... I thought the same thing too but apparently he was seen on the ground warming up.

Back running already from the short training clip on 360 tonight.
Are you sure that was a recent clip? It's not unheard of for them to use old footage for their packages. Unless it said 'This morning at tulla' or whatever down the bottom I'd be wary.

PressureCooker

All Australian
May 6, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Are you sure that was a recent clip? It's not unheard of for them to use old footage for their packages. Unless it said 'This morning at tulla' or whatever down the bottom I'd be wary.
Yeah that's exactly what it had. "Tullamarine this morning" or something along those lines.

Side note: Also saw Jok running around, so he's alive.

They do usually start running relatively quickly. Won't be available until they're hitting top speed and changing direction at 100% though.

Original return was around round 19 or 20. Looks to be on target for that.

Hamez

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Old photo surely? That's Bellcho running in the background!
From the same article:
“Tom Bellchambers has been pretty slow to get going so far. Given we’re estimating a six-week injury, he’s not quite at the point where he could run yet.

“We’ll just be seeing his progress over the next week or two and making the best decision about how to bring him up towards the end of the season.

Back