Retired #29: Patrick Ambrose - Officially retired - 11/8

29 - [PLAYERCARD]Patrick Ambrose[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Contract Status: Retired. 11/8
Last Game Played: Elimination Final 2019 (injured)

Injury Status: Injured, stayed in Vic with a young baby - 18/7
Sore, finished the VFL game on the bench - 29/6

Last edited by a moderator:
Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 19.22.08.png

AMBROSE_PATRICK_T.jpg

Height: 194-195 cm
Weight: 88kg
D/O/B: 1/9/1991
Position: Tall forward
Recruited From: Essendon VFL - Coburg Tigers/Old Xaverians

Key Strengths:
  • Great size for a forward
  • Elite endurance
  • Huge burst of speed
  • Definitely lifts
Weaknesses:
  • Inconsistent
I really don't know much about this guy at all.

Yoda_, Jack Package, any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

7zark7

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2004
Napier St
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Played with the Essendon VFL team. From what I saw a good contested grab. Possibly a Crameri type.

VFL profile:

Height: 191cm
Weight: 88kg
Date of birth: 1.09.1991
Recruited from: Coburg Tigers (VFL) / Old Xaverians

Patrick played last year with Old Xaverians in the Victorian Amateur Football Association. Pat finished 2nd in their Best and Fairest in a side that was narrowly defeated in the grand final by Collegians. Pat is a great size and has an enormous engine.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Reading the bits posted here he really is a ideal key forward project player. Good size and great athleticism by the sounds of it. With the ability play tall and seemingly "small" or at least up the ground he could be a real point of difference and quickly find himself playing.

Suppose we'll just wait and see how it goes and whether his qualities translate to AFL footy.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
i get more excited about the rookie draft these days over the national draft.

in the ND most if not all are expected picks and can play ...but in the psd you really get clubs using their scouting skills trying to find rough diamonds.

we have a great strike rate in this area, go son! cram-who?

Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't really know what to think with this one.

My head says that if he had the upside I want to imagine he has, then he would have been picked up by now, so i guess expectations aren't too high.

Makes it even better when he bursts onto the scene and becomes a regular at CHF.

Oh Tayteridge

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
He's about 2 inches taller than Crameri, not sure why he's been listen at 191 because he's absolutely massive. Closer to 194 I'd say. Huge tank, very very strong, not the best foot skills but he's definitely an athlete and has a lot of potential. Also very aggressive, probably couldn't ask for more in terms of attitude and mentality or aerobic base for a big man.

Back