Retired #29: Patrick Ambrose - Officially retired - 11/8

29 - [PLAYERCARD]Patrick Ambrose[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Contract Status: Retired. 11/8
Last Game Played: Elimination Final 2019 (injured)

Injury Status: Injured, stayed in Vic with a young baby - 18/7
Sore, finished the VFL game on the bench - 29/6

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
4 serious soft tissue injuries in 18 months is beyond worrisome for me.

He now sits in the unreliable-bidy category for me with Myers, Laverde and formerly Winderlich.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Seriously though, is Patrick Ambrose the greatest human specimen to ever play the game? I'd love him to be given the big midfielder who rests forward... then follow him into the midfield. Just ruin his day.

While I doubt he'd ever be able to learn the the offensive running patterns as a modern AFL mid. I do think he has the endurance to follow around the opposition's big mid who can destroy us because we dont have a direct opponent for him. Having him neutralise their weapon like this makes up for us not having one.

Seriously though, is Patrick Ambrose the greatest human specimen to ever play the game? I'd love him to be given the big midfielder who rests forward... then follow him into the midfield. Just ruin his day.

While I doubt he'd ever be able to learn the the offensive running patterns as a modern AFL mid. I do think he has the endurance to follow around the opposition's big mid who can destroy us because we dont have a direct opponent for him. Having him neutralise their weapon like this makes up for us not having one.
I wish someone believed in me as much as Fish believes in Ambrose

Back