Retired #29: Patrick Ambrose - Officially retired - 11/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve done 2 Lisfrancs. It’s agony. Sounds like Ambrose is only a sprain rather than a fracture. The fact that it was picked up now rather that 12 years later means that he should have a better outcome than me.

Ambrose suffered a Lisfranc injury in his foot in the Bombers’ scratch match last week that is requiring further scans, but could see the defender out for a period of time.

we are so unlucky

Staying in Melbourne (duh)
"Jake will remain in Melbourne with some of our longer-term injured players, like Patrick Ambrose, who as we know, sustained a Lisfranc injury. We are adopting a conservative approach to managing this injury and he will remain in a boot for the next six weeks before we start to load the foot again."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know how far he is off ? Probably wouldn’t fit into the backline but would like to see him and Townsend in the same forward line crunching everyone at least one game.

Out of the moonboot in about a week
“Pat is five weeks now since he injured his mid-foot, with that Lisfranc injury. He’s fully weight bearing in that boot which hopefully we can remove in a week or so to start strengthening that area.”

Progressing well with the lisfranc injury

"Pat had the Lisfranc injury or mid-foot sprain. He's progressing well. Over the last week, he's completed the first phase of his foot, ankle and calf strengthening. He'll move into the next phase now, which will prepare him to run."

His first name is Patrick. And he likes to spear tackle.
And get injured.
Thanks for taking the time out to reply. Appreciate it.
Was specifically after information on how he is progressing from his injury, and if he is likely to get in a full pre-season given we have heard nothing from the club since about August, and certainly heard nothing up here....

Should be on the Cats list next year just so he can wear Dusty like a glove for 2-3 games a year.

Which is not to say I want him gone.

I'd move Stringer on and play Ambrose forward in whatever role Townsend was supposed to be playing.

Its always surprised me how the fittest bloke on our list who wins all our time trials etc is always bloody injured during the regular season. It seems like he never gets injured normally eg a minor calf or hamstring misses 3 games. Its always "he's exploded his quad - est 10-16 weeks". Whilst he was never gonna be a star, he could have been a very valuable shut down defender for many years. Hell could have even been used as a tagger on some of the games true elites like Fyfe and Martin.

Sadly another case of what could have been.

Its always surprised me how the fittest bloke on our list who wins all our time trials etc is always bloody injured during the regular season. It seems like he never gets injured normally eg a minor calf or hamstring misses 3 games. Its always "he's exploded his quad - est 10-16 weeks". Whilst he was never gonna be a star, he could have been a very valuable shut down defender for many years. Hell could have even been used as a tagger on some of the games true elites like Fyfe and Martin.

Sadly another case of what could have been.

Tommy Smith always said that the fittest horses have more severe injuries, because they are naturally inclined to try harder.

I think Ambrose fits into that category.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back