Retired #29: Patrick Ambrose - Officially retired - 11/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Ambrose is our best man on man defender. Crucial part of our backline
Totally agree, has games where he completely nullifies players. Could be Nick Smith v2 if he ever gets his body right for an entire season. If he goes on a player 188-195cm that is.

Slow progress on that lisfranc injury he got last June..
Defender Patrick Ambrose continues his recovery from a Lisfranc injury, with Mahoney saying the 29-year-old hadn’t progressed as quickly as the club would have hoped.

“We’ve been monitoring Patty closely and in recent weeks he probably hasn’t progressed as quickly, so we will continue to monitor his progressions over the next couple of weeks," he said.

sounds like tayte pears similar injury

Apparently it's back to the future forward line...

Veteran Michael Hurley has also trained mainly with the forwards, while Patrick Ambrose, who missed the entire 2020 season with a Lisfranc injury, has been earmarked for a switch to the forward line when he's back to full fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently it's back to the future forward line...

Throwing alot of darts it seems. Not sure any are hitting bullseye

Players wont have any continuity in roles

Throwing our side around willy nilly seems a recipe for disaster

Throwing alot of darts it seems. Not sure any are hitting bullseye

Players wont have any continuity in roles

Throwing our side around willy nilly seems a recipe for disaster
We might end up with a top 4 pick in a great draft, I won’t consider that a disaster :p Honestly nobody expects us to make finals so I think it’s the perfect year to try some things and get some games into the kids aswell

Why would they do that? Maybe they see his running power as potentially useful as a lead up forward or something.
A forward that runs all day and helps bring the ball to ground and keep the ball locked inside 50. We don’t have many bigger bodies in the forwardline who have that mix.

We might end up with a top 4 pick in a great draft, I won’t consider that a disaster :p Honestly nobody expects us to make finals so I think it’s the perfect year to try some things and get some games into the kids aswell
I agree, as long as they're being up front with the players about their purpose in all this. If we're absolute garbage as a result of confusion about roles and what their future looks like going forward, why would players want to play for the EFC?

I agree, as long as they're being up front with the players about their purpose in all this. If we're absolute garbage as a result of confusion about roles and what their future looks like going forward, why would players want to play for the EFC?
You could just about kiss Zach Merrett goodbye.

Not disagreeing with getting games into kids. Just cant see the point in playing guys like Stewart out of position when he could have at least another 5 years at the club and be a part of our next push

I do worry about what sort of team we will be running out. It's like we're looking for ways to influct as much selection table pain as we can.

However, in isolation I like Ambrose forward, unlike Hurley. Need his work rate and physicality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back