Toast 29. Scott Lycett (2011 - 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Lycett Report card vs. Fremantle on February 18:

Scott rucked well in tandem with Sinclair and Cox against Sandilands and the other syd they brought. I was surprised at how nimble he was and was very impressed by his marking. Unfortunately he was pinged for holding the ball right in front of me, which is the only sour point I can say about his performance.

Overall grade: B

Scott Lycett report card vs. Shitney on February 27:

Scott again rucked very well with Sinclair and Cox. I was impressed by his swervability and how he just kept racking up the handballs. I can't recall much more of his performance.

Overall grade: B

His positioning as the marking target release from defensive 50 has been very good over the last few games. Particularly the Gold Coast where he took a couple of get out of gaol marks on clearing kicks to the wing in the last.

I am surprised by his leap. Think it was the Sydney game where he was jumping all over Pyke.

Pre-season match 2 vs Port Adelaide - 9 touches, 4 marks (including best mark of the day), 20 hit outs, won the ruck battle with minimal help with NN and Sinclair not playing. Ate a live chicken on the way back to the airport.

Pre-season match 3 vs Fremantle - 8 touches, 1 grab, 13 hit outs. Pretty unremarkable day for the big man - as it was for the whole team by and large.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1, Western Bulldogs @ Docklands - 4 kicks, 4 marks, 5 handballs, and a fairly ordinary 7 hitouts. Had a couple of nice moments, including setting up a goal early on with some good run and carry, but an otherwise forgettable day for our favourite footballing monster. Made to look worse than it was by some sublime work from his ruckbuddy.

Round 2, Carlton @ Subi - 6 kicks, 7 handballs, 5 grabs, 27 hitouts. Much better outing tonight for Lycett - did some great work off the ball and was part of a demolition job on Cameron Wood. Finding form <3 <3 <3

Round 3, Fremantle @ Subi (WCE home game) - 5 kicks, 3 handballs, 2 marks, 7 hit outs. Very, very average day at the office for Scotty - utterly outplayed in the first quarter. Battled back manfully in the second with some nice work off the ball, and a great smother, but receded back to not-very-good in quarters three and four. A one-handed marking attempt that made small kittens cry.

Hopefully has a quick recovery from surgery on his OP.

Big year ahead, finally gets his chance to dominate.

As Scott "Dobbie" Lycetts sponsor I would like to formally apologize for the injury jinx and am currently hatching a plan to sacrifice masto for lycetts health.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back