Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - What an absolute jet!

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Thank you for flying Tiger Air

Can be a star. A genuine game breaking A grade star. tracking very well so far. Obviously is willing to work hard to improve on issues in his game. This makes me a lot more positive about his future.

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
This is certainly no knock on Shane Edwards (whose last 5-7 years have been elite, A-grade), but I'd certainly have Bolton and Stack ahead of Edwards at this stage of their fledgling careers.

And when you think of what Edwards became, that's a scary thought for opposition (assuming they follow a similar path of improvement).

really liked his game, funnily enough it was a couple of passages than didnt turn out that had me most impressed

- clean pick up from his shoe laces, quick side step and left foot snap (went on the full)
- clean half volley pick up running straight at the ball, quick side step, turn, attempted snap pass that got smothered by hodge

he is like a cat, those sidesteps are lightning

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
I was interested in early impressions of Shai and so read trough the first page of this thread.

I won't embarrass people by quoting anyone, but geez we were a cranky lot back in 2016 (understandably so).
Name or gtfo

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Gotta love the opposition supporters from WA clubs that fap over him on their respective boards, then go to the draft and trading board to talk down his value.

Deep down everyone knows he will be a star.

Welcome to bigfooty, where posters of clubs want 2x1st round picks for players who want out but believe they should only give up a late 2nd early 3rd for an equivalent player coming in from another club ;)

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
haha

best
That’s a bit rude going back into early posts and nailing people to try and act smart. You’ve taken my post out of context by having cheap shot
I did say extravagant and the reality is we had a plethora on our list. I at the time was looking for ruck stocks and was shocked by the pick. The other thing is since then some of them have fallen off the wayside or left.

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
That’s a bit rude going back into early posts and nailing people to try and act smart. You’ve taken my post out of context by having cheap shot
I did say extravagant and the reality is we had a plethora on our list. I at the time was looking for ruck stocks and was shocked by the pick. The other thing is since then some of them have fallen off the wayside or left.
Wouldn't stress mate we've all been wrong. Geez I'd hate for someone to drag up some of my efforts from the #eco thread from 2016, or the various threads demanding the club 'sack Dimma'. FFS I was gunning for the Focus on Footy group to get up. Oh and I thought Jayden Post was going to be a superstar. And I thought Shane Edwards should be traded and Houli delisted after the 2015 Elimination Final.

Thank f'n God no-one listened to me!

was just having a laugh mate, ease up

could have picked about 40 different posts from different posters

I think he’s just trying to hard

Trying to be that highlight reel first and show off his freakish talent

Hopefully he realises that where will be a time to blow our minds but first buy into the game plan and play his role and seize the opitunity to do somthing amazing when it presents itself not try and create it every time the ball comes near him

He must of read my post from last year

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
This is certainly no knock on Shane Edwards (whose last 5-7 years have been elite, A-grade), but I'd certainly have Bolton and Stack ahead of Edwards at this stage of their fledgling careers.

And when you think of what Edwards became, that's a scary thought for opposition (assuming they follow a similar path of improvement).
Put a young Edwards in this current side and I think you'll be saying the same thing.

Back