Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - What an absolute jet!

Remove this Banner Ad

It amazes me that people are down on Bolton. Shown some amazing signs already, mainly in the VFL but also really good glimpses in the AFL. How many of these talented youngsters you hold on to long term is difficult to know but we didn't want this guy leaving now when in another year or two he could be a more influential player at AFL level, and either go on to become a tiger stalwart or fetch us an excellent trade in the event we cannot offer him a contract to come close to matching what another club wants to pay him. There is a point where you can no longer put a player's struggles to make the grade down to immaturity but Bolton is a way off that yet IMO.

Also people thinking him signing means small forwards like Stengle and or Castagna may go, is it possible Bolton is more suitable to playing wing or running back or high half forward as he develops his strength and stamina? His games v Bombers twos and v Box Heap I recall him looking a cut above at times running through the half back and wing area.

Not sure how we go about keeping all of Rioli Butler Castagna Higgins Bolton Stengle Baker at the club but if one or two go you would suspect there is some chance the club may look at the likes of Aarts and Mannagh from the twos.

I'd love to get bolton on a long term deal

I'd love to get bolton on a long term deal

Interesting to read back over my thoughts on Bolton in 2018, you have pulled that one from obscurity Marcel!

Bolton would be a real pest for opponents, a genuine two position gun - mid and forward. So, like Dusty, he is not easy to plan for.

I thought he was superb in the Grand Final and is clearly on the up since then.

Little doubt though he is spurred on by one thing that would be providing money-can’t-buy motivation.

He didn’t make the AFL 22 under 22 team last year.

But Cryin Miers did. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Shai must look up to Miers so much, and want to be just like him. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

And Josh Daicos got picked ahead of Bolton. 😱

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way Richmond says yes to a trade for pik2

Why give up on an is, for a maybe?
I love that line.

"Who gives up an 'is' for a 'maybe".

Should be the title of the trading and drafting thread at the end of the year.

Bolton is silkier than Andrew McLeod.

Could be anything, think we are only scratching the surface here. He could also be motivated for the pay day, and then drop off a cliff when he's got thst guaranteed money.

Its a fine line here.

Hawthorn offer Pick 2 in the 2021 draft for Shai Bolton

Who says no? Richmond or Hawthorn?
Richmond and Bolton say NO!

Only place he would go for $$$ is back home to Perf.
And he won’t be doing that either.

2-3 years IMO- at $600k now - sets him up for the big pay day for his next contract.

Richmond and Bolton say NO!

Only place he would go for $$$ is back home to Perf.
And he won’t be doing that either.

2-3 years IMO- at $600k now - sets him up for the big pay day for his next contract.
We offer him 600k he probably leaves for 900k elsewhere. Is worth more than that already. Deserves to be in our top 5 player payments.

I'd be happy to hold onto him for 700k

Remove this Banner Ad

Back