Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - What an absolute jet!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. And I'll be watching him tomorrow play the same role Butler has been playing

If that's the case, then I would hope he gets at least as many opportunities to establish himself as did the player that he replaced. Butler stunk to high heaven with every appearance he has made this year in the black and yellow. I would very annoyed if they just gave him one week and then recalled Butler again. Treatment like that and frankly he'd more than justified to look elsewhere at the end of the year.

For me this is 1st day of school for Shai Bolton and everything he has done prior is wiped

Kid has had a good pre season and has played a couple of good games and has only just turned 20 years of age, His previous games he was a skinny young unfit kid that just played on talent and instinct.

Go Well son and enjoy your self

I can understand the selection panel erring on the side of caution, choosing the Butler and Castagna duo while it lasted.
But Bolton has worked hard in the VFL and has earned his Tiger stripes.
You could see the quality of our VFL contributors last night with Lloyd for the Doggies.

Last edited:
I can understand the selection panel erring on the side of caution, choosing the Butler and Castagna duo while it lasted.
But Bolton has worked hard in the VFL and has earned his Tiger stripes.
You could see the quality of our VFL contributors last night with Lloyd for the Doggies.
Happy to see Shai playing today. If you're 6ft or under you stand a chance of game time at Richmond. Butler had to go. Stack straight in, Garth only gets one game, Moore doesn't get a look in. How many will CCJ get?

it will be interesting if he plays forward or mid or a combo of both.
As long as his pressure acts are high ill be happy.
I feel like he needs 10-15 straight afl games and then he will blosom.
He reminds me so much of Titch. Titch had the advantage of us being s**t so the coaches stuck with him to give him a chance.
IMO its harder for these new kids to get setteled because if they dont preforme they are dropped.
Obviously its a better thing to be a better team though...

it will be interesting if he plays forward or mid or a combo of both.
As long as his pressure acts are high ill be happy.
I feel like he needs 10-15 straight afl games and then he will blosom.
He reminds me so much of Titch. Titch had the advantage of us being s**t so the coaches stuck with him to give him a chance.
IMO its harder for these new kids to get setteled because if they dont preforme they are dropped.
Obviously its a better thing to be a better team though...
Wallace kept playing sheds too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The talent is there, absolutely no doubt about it.

He’s without a doubt more skilled than Butler and Castagna and has the ability to be an upgrade on them.

I know Butler and Castagna have their haters and regardless of their footballing abilities to run, chase, tackle and apply pressure plays a huge part in our game plan and have been vital to our success.

Bolton had five tackles tonight, only Graham & Castagna (six tackles) had more. If Bolton can continually bring those tackles and pressure each week he will play every game. If he can hold down a regular spot I think that’s really when we’ll see him flourish and take that next step.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back