Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - What an absolute jet!

Power Play

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Got 6 coaches votes, Miers got 0. The nominations are a farce.

2019-05-13 20.49.27.png

Sydney Stack and Jack Ross have breakout games. Give noms to Players who kick a few goals that week. Bolton kicks a few goals, and is one of the best players on the ground ans they go for a flnaker who had 6 more possessions and 3 less goals. Rightio.

May 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Rising star nomination is always based on body of work rather than a blinder game. As only 22 can be nominated in any one season a lot of exceptional footballers will never be nominated. Its interesting but not really very important. The true value of any player usually wont be confirmed until well into or after their career is finished.

I got an invite to a Norwich rising star event many moons ago, bloke named Buckley won it, in hindsight I regret not going but at the time he was just some bloke in his first year who i didnt really know from any of the other 21 nominations. Turned out to be a pretty useful player ... not a bad coach either.

Maybe we will get one or two nominations, we have enough good kids getting a lot more early games than the club had expected. We sure have a bunch of gifted indigenous guys.

Rising star nomination is always based on body of work rather than a blinder game.

Usually that would be true but last week they put up Zuhaar after a once in a blue moon 5 goal game against.... Carlton. Prior to that game he had done sweet FA.

Back