Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - What an absolute jet!

That's what white trash parents do to their kids

Tell me about it
My mrs works in child care some of the names she mentions are ridiculous

I understand parents want a unique name and and all but seriously
If a kid has never been called somthing there is probably a good reason for it

59Stanley

Club Legend
May 14, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Shai delivered on the weekend as I had always hoped he would. He had razzle and dazzle, sublime skills, pace, teamwork and defensive pressure. Dimma mentioned in the presser that Shai is one of the best offensive players in the AFL and he combined it with defence on the weekend. Well done young man !

May 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I think he just slipped into the unavailable for trade category. We all have seen flashes of what he can do but on Saturday he brought it all.

I was always hopeful we would be able to hold him. With Shai, Daniel, Sydney and Shane Edwards its like having 4 magicians. All these guys do things that leave you shaking your head in disbelief. Hawthorn had one Cyril, Adelaide have one Eddie. We get to watch the magic occuring all over the ground.

A silver lining to a taxing period with injuries for the club is the opportunity to see Shai and Sydney grow. We have an embarrassment of riches.

Tygrys

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2009
Dallas, Texas
AFL Club
Richmond
I think he just slipped into the unavailable for trade category. We all have seen flashes of what he can do but on Saturday he brought it all.

I was always hopeful we would be able to hold him. With Shai, Daniel, Sydney and Shane Edwards its like having 4 magicians. All these guys do things that leave you shaking your head in disbelief. Hawthorn had one Cyril, Adelaide have one Eddie. We get to watch the magic occuring all over the ground.

A silver lining to a taxing period with injuries for the club is the opportunity to see Shai and Sydney grow. We have an embarrassment of riches.

And we have Maurice Rioli Jnr coming...

Double edged sword. When they’re good you have to pay them. And when you’re from outside Vic, money + go home is massive.

We do have a good track record of retaining our interstaters. Or at least the ones we want to keep. If Bolton’s game against freo is the yard stick then we’ve got to make some moves to keep him

Hopefully West Coast don’t start making moves for him. That is literally the only WA club I’d be afraid of coming for him.

They have money, they have good sponsorship deals and they have a huge supporter base. Star players get looked after with them and Bolton is going to be a star.

Hopefully West Coast don’t start making moves for him. That is literally the only WA club I’d be afraid of coming for him.

They have money, they have good sponsorship deals and they have a huge supporter base. Star players get looked after with them and Bolton is going to be a star.

Makes their play for Tim Kelly all the more important to be pushed over the line;)

An interesting thing this year is that Kelly is available to trade. So he'll cost Freo or WC two 1st rounders. Does the other club have the picks and/or cajones to go hard for Shai? Maybe, but I'm sure if his form continues we'll ask for more than a lot. Maybe trade Fyfe in exchange.

But I reckon he'll stay.

Or an embarrassment of opportunities? Given Collingwood unearthed some good kids during their injury journey over the past two years, you have to wonder whether opportunities leads to riches or whether some gems never quite get found. You just have to wonder........................:think:

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Any ideas you like to share in what we might do in the mid season draft?

I was saving this for the podcast but that didn't work out and I cant hold onto it till later in the year as it will happen by then.

1. Shai Bolton will remain a tiger, we are a perfect fit for him and Ralph knows we are good for his footy. He has the right support around him and has done a lot of work to sure his defensive work, obviously with a long term view in mind. He knows he has a place in our side. What I heard from those I trust, it will be 2 years done in the latter part of the year, but not to long after the bye.

2. I was told we will pick the best talent available regardless of position with our first pick. With the second, if there is still a player we rate that fits a need ( inside mid) we will use it if not we will just use our first pick and that would be it.

3. Tigerbob mail on Dunkley is spot on, we are trying to make a play but if we fail we will aim for an established inside bull, even a older type player to help us in the now and allow us time for our kids to develop into that role.

There is a bit more but I'll hold onto it once i get some stuff verified.

Back