Player Watch #29: Tyrone Vickery Worship Inside

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is why i think we need to find another kpf like Tomlinson at gws.
Adding a player like Tomlinson has some very real advantages.
1/ Vickery can be the second ruck and develop further in the role, the team needs a viable second ruckman where we dont lose too much when Ivan is rested.
2/ When Vickery or when Griff played as the only second tall fwd and they go into the ruck we don't lose our structure. It has been a bug bear of mine for years.
3/ A Tomlinson type gives us greater flexability, and he would provide greater agility and mobility and be less cumbersome than playing two 200cm players.

Massive fan of Tomlinson don't think we'll be able to him though just signed on recently I think

For those thinking TV will go to the Pies next year, have a look after he takes his mark in the goal square, runs an extra 20m just to give some lips to the toothless bogans!:)

Loved it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

still has a few gears to go through to get to beast mode[/QUOTE
When he is in the ruck and playing round the ground is often underrated - he has an excelent field kick and creates time for himself. 2 highlights for me was the 20m + handball through he centre square to set up a goal and he multiple efforts at chf in one passage of play on he last to set another one up

I'm really enjoying Ty's efforts in contested marks and his additional efforts when without the ball.
He's starting to use his big body and jump in to packs, instead of drifting in...which means he brings the ball to ground if he doesn't clunk it. We're a much better team when he's on...so keep pushing TV and be part of something beautiful.

Love what TV is doing now. And he can get better. That's the bit I love. He has the ability to improve his physicality and impact on the game with the ball, as well as his defensive impact. I reckon when he realizes what he can do, and how to do it, he will just keep increasing his impact on the AFL. Very happy that he is doing what he is doing, and that he is staying.

I think it was the first time I consistently saw TV run hard at ground level & I loved it. He looked very dangerous. Starting to use his weapons. Hope he continues to build on it...Good times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back