guapo

All Australian
Aug 24, 2005
fitzroy
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
It's actually going to be a joy to watch. Imagine peak Cunners having peak Swallow and peak and fit Wells alongside him for the best part of his career. This is what we are building, and then some.

Sploosh.

With the utmost of respect to Andrew, captain and multi B&F, I do hope that both Phillips and Powell have significantly higher ceilings. I’ve no doubt that if Jy, LDU, TT, Sleevo, Will and Tom all reach their potential, we’ve never had a better set of midfielders. Not even in the premiership years

InFineForm

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2006
Hawthorn East
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton
With the utmost of respect to Andrew, captain and multi B&F, I do hope that both Phillips and Powell have significantly higher ceilings. I’ve no doubt that if Jy, LDU, TT, Sleevo, Will and Tom all reach their potential, we’ve never had a better set of midfielders. Not even in the premiership years
Be careful not to undersell Swallow pre-injury. He was a bloody good footballer. Might not have had massive silk, but just pushed the ball forward, all of the time.

guapo

All Australian
Aug 24, 2005
fitzroy
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Be careful not to undersell Swallow pre-injury. He was a bloody good footballer. Might not have had massive silk, but just pushed the ball forward, all of the time.

Totally agree, he was, and I watched him play from day 1 to retirement (as I have every player to pull on the jumper for nearly 50 years), but I think those 6 players all have higher ceilings

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Yep he was never the quickest, but after that achilles it was like he was running in quick sand. Vastly different player after that injury.

Full Chooks

Senior List
Mar 28, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Buffalo Sabres
A bloke more hungry for more tackles than Spitta, I have not seen. Such a likeable guy too, it was a shame we didn't get a few more years out of him.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A bloke more hungry for more tackles than Spitta, I have not seen. Such a likeable guy too, it was a shame we didn't get a few more years out of him.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Never met a bloke with more time for the kids. My daughter was slow to get his autograph when he went around the fence after a kids clinic, then chased her up after and made sure she got the full set after looking at her jumper.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will is going to be one of those guys who has great games that you barely notice. Like tonight. For a midfielder who didn’t kick any goals out of their arse, 17-ish ratings points from 12 disposals is legit ridiculous. Like, every single one of them was to our advantage.

He is our best under 40m kick by far. The ball moves through the air differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s the only campaigner on our list that has produced a kick like the one he did for Sleevo.
Not saying others aren’t capable but every single mid would have pumped it long inside 50.

rooboy_07

King In The North
Nov 7, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Trailblazers, SJSharks
Just makes the right decisions and executes. Simple as that really.

Reminds me of Sam Mitchell

So much. The way he ducks and dives to win space in tight, happy to go little around the corner kicks to maintain possesion.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
117C47F6-4D9A-4A7C-BE0B-F572AF9DE95D.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back