Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

Give it about 1-3 more weeks and he'll be putting up numbers like Xerri has, and by then he'll be a walk in to the seniors for the rest of the year.
His engine needs work. We have boomer working with him though. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be a machine in 12 months

His engine needs work. We have boomer working with him though. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be a machine in 12 months
There was a post last week said he was cooked and as we all know there is a step up from VFL to AFL pace wise. Want to see him get a chance before seasons end if his tank improves.

There was a post last week said he was cooked and as we all know there is a step up from VFL to AFL pace wise. Want to see him get a chance before seasons end if his tank improves.
Doesnt matter which code it is, if you are chasing arse all day, you are going to be ****ed. When its played on 50/50 terms you last a lot longer.

I do. We need him!
No we do not! * right off Ben. Will be delisted and no one will take the campaigner in 2 years.

lets make it very clear to anyone that is attempting to make their own footprint in their field. Do NOT allow any external influence to alter your decision making. What a *in spud

Will Phillips impressed in his second game back in the VFL, with the talented midfielder taking the game by the scruff of the neck in the number 77 jumper, due to his favoured number 29 being ripped in the first half.

VFL coach Leigh Adams says his 28-disposal performance can be a great launching point for the youngster.

“It was probably the first time since he’s (Phillips) been at North that he’s had a full game through the midfield,” Adams told North Media.

“For him to get a full four quarters and just be able to hunt the footy and work on his craft will do him wonders.

“We all know internally that he’s a seriously good player, but for him to get that nourishment of playing really well can only help him.”

Nourishment really has become a buzzword at Arden St.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Definitely in this week.

For Mahoney is a no brainer. Might even want to give Tommy Powell or Lazaro a rest before the bye.

I don't think Powell or Lazzaro need a rest, nor would they want one. Both competed hard today with no issue, clearly both love playing at the top level and savour every possession. Would be cruel to deny them that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Powell or Lazzaro need a rest, nor would they want one. Both competed hard today with no issue, clearly both love playing at the top level and savour every possession. Would be cruel to deny them that.

Curtis Taylor needs a spell in the two's even more than those two players.

I didn't want to see Eddie also pushed up too early, but now I am having second thoughts.

Injuries & garbage list management has placed us in a corner.

No we do not! fu** right off Ben. Will be delisted and no one will take the campaigner in 2 years.

lets make it very clear to anyone that is attempting to make their own footprint in their field. Do NOT allow any external influence to alter your decision making. What a fu**in spud
Is it at all possible you could make a post without half a dozen expletives in it? try a creative writing course, just to find something original to say

Is it at all possible you could make a post without half a dozen expletives in it? try a creative writing course, just to find something original to say

You just stick to NMFC press releases and let other supporters describe their views in their own way.

If he continues to impress in the VFL and he gets his chance he has to be in the midfield. No wing, no defence, no wing.

That’s the issue. Who does he replace in there

I think he should be just added into rotations, so Cunners and Simpkin can start forward more often. Spread the workload.

Having said that, I still think a few more weeks in the VFL would be more beneficial for him.

I think he should be just added into rotations, so Cunners and Simpkin can start forward more often. Spread the workload.

Having said that, I still think a few more weeks in the VFL would be more beneficial for him.
I don't mind Jy starting on the wing. Kind of. At the very least I think the position aids with a bit of learning and mentality for him, and lets be honest our healthy wing stocks right now aren't fantastic.

Agree that more games in the VFL would be desirable. I think this of a lot of players currently in the seniors too, but with our injury list it's kind of a moot point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back