Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's a few others that would benefit from it.
Agree, but think more so with Will. I am 100% on him being a Centre Square mid rather than a hybrid mid/fwd and that he is getting more out of playing VFL (both confidence and fitness) than being stuck on a flank or pocket at AFL level. This time next year he should be established/ing as an AFL level mid.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Agree, but think more so with Will. I am 100% on him being a Centre Square mid rather than a hybrid mid/fwd and that he is getting more out of playing VFL (both confidence and fitness) than being stuck on a flank or pocket at AFL level. This time next year he should be established/ing as an AFL level mid.

I am in total agreement with you.

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The proof in this is to go back and watch the Dal Santo/Brown game in 2019 and see how brilliant he was in hunting the ball and his opponents.That's what I want to see.

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If froggy leaves next season - I’d be putting Jy to the wing and having 2 of cunners/Anderson/Phillips and 1 of Ldu/Powell/Horne running through the middle at centre bounce.
I'd be flipping that. We need to be running two burst players at Centre bounces and I'd be adding TT and Phillips to that group. We should only be running one of Jy, Jed and Cunners at any one time. We'd be pretty dynamic.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If froggy leaves next season - I’d be putting Jy to the wing and having 2 of cunners/Anderson/Phillips and 1 of Ldu/Powell/Horne running through the middle at centre bounce.

Jy? He is very clearly an inside player, always been his strength. Polec, Scott and Stephenson at this stage the likely combo and to be honest would do it this year if we could.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
I'd be flipping that. We need to be running two burst players at Centre bounces and I'd be adding TT and Phillips to that group. We should only be running one of Jy, Jed and Cunners at any one time. We'd be pretty dynamic.

Oops I forgot about Tarryn - when cunners is in there we need a defensive player in the to pick up the slack.

Jy? He is very clearly an inside player, always been his strength. Polec, Scott and Stephenson at this stage the likely combo and to be honest would do it this year if we could.

With cunners and Jed still around - we can’t play them elsewhere so Jy to a wing might work.
Jy has looked a bit rushed and blazing away when at the coalface - out on the wing might be more beneficial.

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Correct. Jy is OUR Darcy Parish.

Just needs to keep it basic, get even fitter, and the rest will flow.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
WAP?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back