Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - 20d/12 tackles in VFL vs Brisbane - does he come in vs Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a few others that would benefit from it.
Agree, but think more so with Will. I am 100% on him being a Centre Square mid rather than a hybrid mid/fwd and that he is getting more out of playing VFL (both confidence and fitness) than being stuck on a flank or pocket at AFL level. This time next year he should be established/ing as an AFL level mid.

Agree, but think more so with Will. I am 100% on him being a Centre Square mid rather than a hybrid mid/fwd and that he is getting more out of playing VFL (both confidence and fitness) than being stuck on a flank or pocket at AFL level. This time next year he should be established/ing as an AFL level mid.

I am in total agreement with you.

The proof in this is to go back and watch the Dal Santo/Brown game in 2019 and see how brilliant he was in hunting the ball and his opponents.That's what I want to see.

If froggy leaves next season - I’d be putting Jy to the wing and having 2 of cunners/Anderson/Phillips and 1 of Ldu/Powell/Horne running through the middle at centre bounce.
I'd be flipping that. We need to be running two burst players at Centre bounces and I'd be adding TT and Phillips to that group. We should only be running one of Jy, Jed and Cunners at any one time. We'd be pretty dynamic.

If froggy leaves next season - I’d be putting Jy to the wing and having 2 of cunners/Anderson/Phillips and 1 of Ldu/Powell/Horne running through the middle at centre bounce.

Jy? He is very clearly an inside player, always been his strength. Polec, Scott and Stephenson at this stage the likely combo and to be honest would do it this year if we could.

I'd be flipping that. We need to be running two burst players at Centre bounces and I'd be adding TT and Phillips to that group. We should only be running one of Jy, Jed and Cunners at any one time. We'd be pretty dynamic.

Oops I forgot about Tarryn - when cunners is in there we need a defensive player in the to pick up the slack.

Jy? He is very clearly an inside player, always been his strength. Polec, Scott and Stephenson at this stage the likely combo and to be honest would do it this year if we could.

With cunners and Jed still around - we can’t play them elsewhere so Jy to a wing might work.
Jy has looked a bit rushed and blazing away when at the coalface - out on the wing might be more beneficial.

Correct. Jy is OUR Darcy Parish.

Just needs to keep it basic, get even fitter, and the rest will flow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WAP?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back