Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

In my opinion he is not the most talented mid we have on the list (LDU, TT, Sleevo have him covered ) but I certainly think he has the most professional mindset and for me that means he is more likely to become our best midfielder given his talent and skill is also right up there.

In my opinion he is not the most talented mid we have on the list (LDU, TT, Sleevo have him covered ) but I certainly think he has the most professional mindset and for me that means he is more likely to become our best midfielder given his talent and skill is also right up there.
Hopefully, however i don't think he will be better than LDU, just doesn't have the skillset imo, I'll settle for second best though.

Agree with sentiment, but Will has Sleevo covered for talent.

I don’t see either player forward well
Both purely inside mids
Phillips played forward at times in his first year to decent effect.

Both are quick, agile, tough and put on a lot of pressure. Wardlaw will need to play more than just pure mid in his first year. Phillips will be like a new recruit and probably need to do the same.

Hmmmmm.

Not sure if it's overrating Phillips or underrating of others that is happening here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You stalked him all day?
George Clooney Reaction GIF

We get pick 2&3 and Will will be like another top 5 Pick , not a bad inclusion of players
Yeah you gotta think prior to LDU, cunners at 5 the highest pick on our current list Iirc. The list build in my view is coming along nicely with a lot of top 10 and first round talent and hopefully Clarko can get the best out of players and we can keep the group together. A fit Phillips, Thomas, cunners and Comben, the development of Powell, Goater, Perez, Scott, Curtis, Archer, with the addition of Logue, Tucker, Wardlaw and Sheezel in my mind could well surprise plenty this season and never rule out players coming from nowhere with upside under a new coach,,,,possibilities: Ford, Bonar, X, CJ, Curt Taylor

Last edited:
Phillips played forward at times in his first year to decent effect.

Both are quick, agile, tough and put on a lot of pressure. Wardlaw will need to play more than just pure mid in his first year. Phillips will be like a new recruit and probably need to do the same.
I agree I see WillPhill as an Ablett lite, same body type and build. Can't be knocked over and has a good goal sense so can throw him forward and be comfortable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back