Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

Outside of the homoerotic fantasy sequences and phallic symbolism (NTTAWWT) what else did you lads enjoy about the first Top Gun movie?
Where to start?
The awesome scenes on the carriers flight deck.
Awesome flight scenes, like we had never seen before.
"Flying cargo planes full of rubber dog s**t out of Hong Kong"
"I was Inverted"
The heterosexual love making. (NTTAWWT)
Meg Ryan
Crying when Goose dies.
Crying when Meg cries.
Iceman becomes the good guy.
Val's jaw snap.
Beach volleyball in jeans.
Mike Metcalfs house.
Flybys.
"Talk to me Goose"
Aviators
Riding motorbikes without helmets.
The sound track...so corny yet so cool.
Good guys win (except Goose, he lost big time)

And that's just to begin with!

Where to start?
The awesome scenes on the carriers flight deck.
Awesome flight scenes, like we had never seen before.
"Flying cargo planes full of rubber dog s**t out of Hong Kong"
"I was Inverted"
The heterosexual love making. (NTTAWWT)
Meg Ryan
Crying when Goose dies.
Crying when Meg cries.
Iceman becomes the good guy.
Val's jaw snap.
Beach volleyball in jeans.
Mike Metcalfs house.
Flybys.
"Talk to me Goose"
Aviators
Riding motorbikes without helmets.
The sound track...so corny yet so cool.
Good guys win (except Goose, he lost big time)

And that's just to begin with!
Your best post of 2022 Mav!

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Outside of the homoerotic fantasy sequences and phallic symbolism (NTTAWWT) what else did you lads enjoy about the first Top Gun movie?

It finishing, the credits were the best part. I never saw it until many years later and it is like one of them mig's, a pile of junk.

1658292148031.png
39K is unairworthy so like brand new really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It finishing, the credits were the best part. I never saw it until many years later and it is like one of them mig's, a pile of junk.

View attachment 1451184
I feel like a few Top Gun fans are having their Simpsons Magyver moment when Sideshow Bob reveals they've been watching complete shite all this time.

View attachment 1451184
na mate. A lot of people thought they had a problem with their inverted flight tanks and couldn't do a negative G push over. But this ain't true. Now I could tell you how I know, but I'd have to kill you.

As posted earlier elsewhere. He is basically the VFL mids coach along with Tyson. He was directing traffic at 1/4 time, came out with stats in hand and was pointing out stoppage setups. Cunners deferred to him once or twice with regards to those setups. To me it doesn't sound like the type of kid who is interested in leaving the club; he's looking for ways to actively involve himself at every level. Certainly I think it will be helping him understand the game behind the game when he does eventually come back

As posted earlier elsewhere. He is basically the VFL mids coach along with Tyson. He was directing traffic at 1/4 time, came out with stats in hand and was pointing out stoppage setups. Cunners deferred to him once or twice with regards to those setups. To me it doesn't sound like the type of kid who is interested in leaving the club; he's looking for ways to actively involve himself at every level. Certainly I think it will be helping him understand the game behind the game when he does eventually come back
Not going anywhere. The post about him wanting a trade was absolute bullshit. Not sure who the poster was but the silence since shows it was needless and baseless crap

Isn't going anywhere.

Someone pull that video from last year up of him saying he feels a deep connection to this club.

Will be right to go for pre-season.
Rest doing him good. Club may have brought him back too early but it was worth a try then not trying at all. No ill feelings harbored even though he was frustrated.

Will is a very loyal human and feels indebted to the club for taking him at pick 3. We could have easily taken Hollands or McDonald and Will would have found himself interstate.
You have no idea how much he appreciates being taken where he was and this guy is going to drive the standards going forward. Future captain basically.
Gets along well with Powelly, Zurhaar and most of the mids. JHF as well is down to earth and loves the club - the medias treatment of him has been a disgrace.
As for the medias treatments of Will, the comparisons of Will to McDonald got to him but he can only control what he can and it’s hard when he’s not on the field.
Expect a brutal and massive 2023 as a result. The motivation and drive is there.

Rest doing him good. Club may have brought him back too early but it was worth a try then not trying at all. No ill feelings harbored even though he was frustrated.

Will is a very loyal human and feels indebted to the club for taking him at pick 3. We could have easily taken Hollands or McDonald and Will would have found himself interstate.
You have no idea how much he appreciates being taken where he was and this guy is going to drive the standards going forward. Future captain basically.
Gets along well with Powelly, Zurhaar and most of the mids. JHF as well is down to earth and loves the club - the medias treatment of him has been a disgrace.
As for the medias treatments of Will, the comparisons of Will to McDonald got to him but he can only control what he can and it’s hard when he’s not on the field.
Expect a brutal and massive 2023 as a result. The motivation and drive is there.

He is the ultimate professional I have no doubt he will leave no stone unturned to get the absolute best out of himself.

He is currently the hidden gem of talent on our list.

With who?

The club, or simply his inability to be able to perform to the level he wants? (due to his illness etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back