Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Wheres this coming from?? Has there been an official update?

McPherson says there's no pressure on any set return date for the second-year player.

"Will had a bout of glandular fever a couple of months ago now and he's just struggling to shake it off. He came back and he played a couple of games in the VFL three or four weeks ago but he's really struggled since," McPherson said.

"He's had a little bit of a battle unfortunately and we don't really have a timeline on when Will will be back.

"He was here trying to do a bit of training yesterday and he's pulled up quite fatigued from that. It's a day-by-day proposition with Will at the moment."

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Will, the club and the supporters just need to be patient. He'll pay us back massively.
Yep. There’s no hurry now.
campaigner of an illness to go through but we have time now to get him right.

Sucks but what can you do

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Call it how I see it. There is nothing genuine about a swans fan and this faux concern from a bottom feeding sh*tstain sent me over the edge.

I’m actually concerned. It breaks my heart to see another talented kid fall so far behind, due to either personal misfortune, bad luck or malpractice.

I think we need stop calling it bad luck and start classifying it as either personal misfortune, ie: you ducked up something which was within your control or malpractice, ie: the Club made some sort of unforced error.

There are just too many examples for this to be bad luck.
So the way you see it is that a Swans fan who's had glandular coming over to wish Will luck = faux concern and your short bouts of glandular = it's not that bad, people complaining about it (including our own posters) are fragile petals and Will's illness is somehow the club's fault?

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So the way you see it is that a Swans fan who's had glandular coming over to wish Will luck = faux concern and your short bouts of glandular = it's not that bad, people complaining about it (including our own posters) are fragile petals and Will's illness is somehow the club's fault?
No, my assertion that Glandular or no Glandular, Will is an average conveyance.

That’s it. I hate Sydney Swans and I tar all their fans with same brush.

Do you have a problem with that?

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No, my assertion that Glandular or no Glandular, Will is an average conveyance.

That’s it. I hate Sydney Swans and I tar all their fans with same brush.

Do you have a problem with that?
I'll judge oppo visitors on what they write. It pains me to say it but even some * fans put up worthwhile stuff from time to time. I get hating the Swans' armchair ride from the AFL but it's a strange thing hating all fans of a former minnow club the league pushed out of Melbourne who didn't win a flag for 72 years.

I understand that you don't rate Will - I expect he will prove you wrong there - but that is not the gist of your post at all. It was the bs about glandular, blowing your own trumpet and somehow relating Will's illness to the club's injury management that I didn't like.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'll judge oppo visitors on what they write. It pains me to say it but even some * fans put up worthwhile stuff from time to time. I get hating the Swans' armchair ride from the AFL but it's a strange thing hating all fans of a former minnow club the league pushed out of Melbourne who didn't win a flag for 72 years.

I understand that you don't rate Will - I expect he will prove you wrong there - but that is not the gist of your post at all. It was the bs about glandular, blowing your own trumpet and somehow relating Will's illness to the club's injury management that I didn't like.

Blowing my own trumpet, ohh ffs.

I said I could pick up a ball and hit a target with glandular. Get over yourself you drip.

I’m not asking you to grade my post, I frankly cgaf if you or anyone else reads/likes/agrees/disagrees.

This is a forum for hanging s**t on footballers who are currently stealing a living.

This is a forum for hanging s**t on footballers who are currently stealing a living.
I'm interested in your thoughts on Cunners then. Also unable to play due to illness.
Sorry, but you come across as a self-indulgent flog.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm interested in your thoughts on Cunners then. Also unable to play due to illness.
Sorry, but you come across as a self-indulgent flog.
I am a self-indulgent flog, I’ve never said I wasn’t nor have I ever tried to be anything else.

I also never said Will was stealing a living, but I’ll let that slide.

Cunners is a champion of our club who kicks into the man on the mark too much for my liking.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Blowing my own trumpet, ohh ffs.

I said I could pick up a ball and hit a target with glandular. Get over yourself you drip.

I’m not asking you to grade my post, I frankly cgaf if you or anyone else reads/likes/agrees/disagrees.

Is it? Not very constructive, players have feelings too you know! Clearly you dont and declaring open season on yourself?

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
I work in Sales, we are built differently to normal people.
Oh that explains it,,,,,I work in financial markets, and if my sales people aren't complete C#%s they're generally useless. Yet to meet a nice one that's any good. You must be good, don't send me your CV.

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The last few pages make for some intriguing reading.

People writing Phillips off because he is sick, posters being told they should be put down for being sick, learning the intricacies of glandular fever and the critical difference between a relapse and recontracting it, that Phillips has become our Paddy Dow even though he hasn't played, it's got it all.

Outstanding stuff.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
The last few pages make for some intriguing reading.

People writing Phillips off because he is sick, posters being told they should be put down for being sick, learning the intricacies of glandular fever and the critical difference between a relapse and recontracting it, that Phillips has become our Paddy Dow even though he hasn't played, it's got it all.

Outstanding stuff.

I would've thought Usayed Givashe picking up while really sick was the main takeaway.

sutcliffe's hotel

Premium Platinum
Oct 30, 2005
Brisbanistan
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Feel Better Get Well Soon GIF by Chippy the Dog

Back