Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - 20d/12 tackles in VFL vs Brisbane - does he come in vs Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve heard from people I like/trust that you’re a good bloke, but I just don’t see it.

Did you vote Teal by any chance? At least let me get that image out of my head.
Look, I don't know you and you don't know me. I suggest we have a beer together at the next home game and have a chat. I appreciate the comments from mutual friends.

I don't normally disclose my voting preferences, but absolutely did not vote Teal or UAP or One Nation.

Some of your best work.

I will remember this in 10 years.

Mate, you just don’t like what I’m saying, however you are yet to provide any decent reasoning to the contrary outside of a hopecast/fingers crossed situation.

It’s emotion emotion emotion from you. Where are the facts?

Played half a decent game in two years as the most ready made mid we’ve ever selected - better than Rowell was mentioned.

Yet I’m the crazy person for suggesting that he may never reach his potential. FFS.

I’ve heard from people I like/trust that you’re a good bloke, but I just don’t see it.

Did you vote Teal by any chance? At least let me get that image out of my head.

Hugh? Obvio.

Wasn’t a trade? Wtf, we gave up a spot on our list and sucked ourselves off over how clever we were. We were outsmarted by a Macdonalds franchise.

And now we are stuck with that glacial fraud for another 2 years, I assume he took photograph-skullduggery lessons from his Football Manager (you won’t get this, but some will and that, like my original post was CLEVER) adapting Rudyard for the sake of North was quite good IMO.

He is lucky as we would already know if he was a complete bust or not. Which was kinda the point of my post.

Again, before he had glandular he’d shown next to nothing. This illness is making him a better footballer.

I’m not sure I have another 10 in me.

I live in Medellin these days, mate, I’ll probably
take

In saying that, I’d rather smash a quey with you in the rainforest than drink a beer, which we will 100% do, one day.

Anyway we can win today, I’m excited. Paz.
If I send you my roo ruckle soft toy what are the chances you can send it back with interest?

You couldn't possibly know if he was a bust or not due to his illness, your posting is absolute dogshit on this mate. Have a look at that draft class, only a handful playing regular senior footy and having any sort of impact. Key point to remember is they are ACTUALLY AVAILABLE FOR SELECTION. Grow up, and give it time
Dogshit? Harsh, but I accept this and respect the swiftness and excellent response, for you.

But telling a football fan to not be irrational, immature, bitter and twisted is a bridge too far mate.

There’s about 4bn of us, less of course the supporters of Real Madrid, River Plate, Palmeiras and probably Liverpool/Man City/Chelsea/Dees/Celtic/Western United.
If I send you my roo ruckle soft toy what are the chances you can send it back with interest?

PM your address and I’ll send you a Christmas card.

You can fix me up when I see you.

Look, I don't know you and you don't know me. I suggest we have a beer together at the next home game and have a chat. I appreciate the comments from mutual friends.

I don't normally disclose my voting preferences, but absolutely did not vote Teal or UAP or One Nation.
I live in Colombia, but sure why not?

Early 2023 for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has any player ever had their career ended by glandular fever? Just wondering if the fitness department can hit a new all-time low?
I knew someone who played NBL that had GF turn into Chronic fatigue. He was young and slept 21 hours a day. It was so sad to see him become a shadow of his former fit self. Lets hope that doesn't happen here.

Last edited:
Jesus christ we've had some bad luck over the years with new recruits and long-term injuries/illnesses.

Makes the pre-season draft decision even worse.

Nothing good about this. If it was a shoulder or knee at least he could focus on other areas. Will came into the club in ripping knick (just needed to build up his endurance). Now he's doing nothing but short bouts of walking. He'll enter pre-season looking slimmer than curtis taylor and have the endurance of Majak Daw.

Just s**t all round...for him, the club, and the supporters.

All the best for his recovery. Bit of luck would be nice for once.

Didn't Alastair Lynch or someone around that time have GF or chronic fatigue?
Alec waterman had it too (formerly west coast and now essendon).

It wrecked him. Glandular fever to chronic fatigue to adrenal fatigue. Bedridden for 18 months.

Great comeback story but knocked off half of his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back