Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - 20d/12 tackles in VFL vs Brisbane - returns to the team vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want to turn this into a Phillips vs McDonald shitshow, I like both kids but he took no contested marks and only 1 inside 50 and his form hasn't been very good this year, it is to be expected of a KPP. It is just weird people have called us out for taking Phillips.

I don't want to turn this into a Phillips vs McDonald shitshow, I like both kids but he took no contested marks and only 1 inside 50 and his form hasn't been very good this year, it is to be expected of a KPP. It is just weird people have called us out for taking Phillips.
I genuinely think a large part of it is that we're a small struggling club which makes us an easy target for everything.

I genuinely think a large part of it is that we're a small struggling club which makes us an easy target for everything.
It’s also the stupid media clowns that somehow equate bloke being ill/injured for majority of the year to ”not producing enough”. Media is broken. It’s garbage reporting.

Chad Warner wow that's great, I mean he is a year older, doesnt have glandular fever and was taken in a different draft, good for Chad

It’s also the stupid media clowns that somehow equate bloke being ill/injured for majority of the year to ”not producing enough”. Media is broken. It’s garbage reporting.
Yeah. It exposes a real double standard. If a player or coach made a similar claim about someone or something - the public would be reminded and it would actually be news. Never the other way around. Where are they? All I'm hearing is crickets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should compare him to Irving Mosquito next. Or Nathan Murphy. Assuming you're going for wrong year and vastly different selection in the draft.

Fun Murphy fact, taken in the 2017 draft, only had played 4 more games than Will at the start of the year. Gee, i wonder if there's something in that to consider...

Probably not, right? Nah, everyone else is just a bunch of flogs who "can't handle a different opinion".

F*cking classic.

You should compare him to Irving Mosquito next. Or Nathan Murphy. Assuming you're going for wrong year and vastly different selection in the draft.

Fun Murphy fact, taken in the 2017 draft, only had played 4 more games than Will at the start of the year. Gee, i wonder if there's something in that to consider...

Probably not, right? Nah, everyone else is just a bunch of flogs who "can't handle a different opinion".

F*cking classic.

I don’t know what you are on about.

I’m not the one saying Will is better than Chad

I know, but having McDonald getting frostbite in our forward line wouldn't have helped us at all. People make it out like we have shot ourselves in the foot with recent drafting.

hahahahha... no, you would have no idea, posting chad stats in will's thread.

no f*cking clue at all.
Maybe I knew you’d lose your mind.

If we had taken Warner, we wouldn’t have reached for Phillips.

I wanted Hollands or DGB. I’m not interested in the Logan v Phillips debate, we made a mistake, doubled down and made another, and it’s ok to say it.

Indeed some serious serious serious issues at play if players like Phil, JHF etc want out we are screwed!!!

The question is why though, specifically what. Because the head coach doesn't have THAT much interaction with players individually, that is more the assistant's role.

When this guy gets over his health issues, he is going to have an immediate impact.

With his drive, training standards, speed and general skill set, he is one of our mids who can actually be rested or used for large portions of the game across the ground.

I believe.

Duck off 2022. Bring on season '23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back