Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - 20d/12 tackles in VFL vs Brisbane - does he come in vs Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell ya what, that second photo highlights a fantastic physical strength that will serve him well throughout his career. He has a low centre of gravity, wide hips and super strong legs that when combined with his excellent burst pace, inside agility, superb hands and natural understanding of the game will make him lethal in the contest.

Similar to Cunnington but more naturally athletically gifted. Would love to see him in the team Rd 1.

He hasn't even reached his final form.

He was thugging 18 year olds as a 17 year old.

I can only imagine what he's going to do to young mids when he's 27.

The RS will be really nice and if Hawthorn gets the wooden spoon then I'm going to Disneyland.

Hawks wooden spoon has to be getting closer everyday.... now Scully retired, lost mr consistency in smith and arguably their best defender in Sicily.... and lost their captain too... Frawley too but he was pretty much game over anyway

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks wooden spoon has to be getting closer everyday.... now Scully retired, lost mr consistency in smith and arguably their best defender in Sicily.... and lost their captain too... Frawley too but he was pretty much game over anyway

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gunston also just had back surgery that will see him start late too. It's gonna be a hard one for them I think.

There’s a painting by my favourite Aussie artist, John Brack, called Three Of The Players.

Since we’ve drafted him, Will has reminded me of the player on the right.
He feels a bit old skool.

CEF4A263-DA87-477C-BBFD-F867DD18CD9D.jpeg

edit: Apologies, I’ve had a few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back