Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

On the vision when they meet, I’m pretty sure I herd Clarko say - “See Will … I’m still stalking you”

😍
They are friends and know eachother well through Caulfield Grammar.

I’m nervous on his health issues. I hope he can come back 100% fit and healthy. What a crap year for him, on the flip side, will be like a fresh first round recruit injected into our side next season.
He'll be right. Hardest bit will be him being patient and realising he's got 10-15 years left in him.

Weird side note, after I had Glandular Fever I have sweated like a mofo ever since.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m nervous on his health issues. I hope he can come back 100% fit and healthy. What a crap year for him, on the flip side, will be like a fresh first round recruit injected into our side next season.
He looked very healthy in the recent footage. He’s young, if he was 32 i’d be concerned. He’ll be a star.

Genuine excitement at Clarksons appointment. All of a sudden the futures bright, there’s a spark at the club. The players now believe they can go places. Sonja has sold them hope🙏🏼

Comments from Aiden Corr the other night were about Will's leadership capabilities. Even though he hasn't been able to get on the park this year, he's constantly being vocal at training, encouraging the boys and providing directions. I really hope he is able to get a solid hit block of running in over Summer because I think he will be quickly shown to be one of our best midfielders. The thought of Will, LDU, JHF, Cunners, Powelly, TT and Jy in the middle is mouth watering

Can this guy be our Caleb Daniel? Quality kick out of D50?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Phillips will explode in 2023. If any dickhead asks where he has been for two years or dares to suggest that the penny has finally dropped for him, I will tear them a new one.

Everyone knows Clarkson turned his career around.

Will Phillips will explode in 2023. If any dickhead asks where he has been for two years or dares to suggest that the penny has finally dropped for him, I will tear them a new one.
I think the exploding will be more in 2024. I just think he’ll need to build back up to his pre illness levels then build from there. That’s not a bad thing just tempering the expectations

He’s not taking any time off.
Most of the boys will be off to Europe and Bali but Wills hanging around the club and fronting up everyday to get some conditioning back.
Not waiting for it to happen is he.

He might have a weekend off here and there but expect Will to be spending most days at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back