Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - 20d/12 tackles in VFL vs Brisbane - returns to the team vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s not taking any time off.
Most of the boys will be off to Europe and Bali but Wills hanging around the club and fronting up everyday to get some conditioning back.
Not waiting for it to happen is he.

He might have a weekend off here and there but expect Will to be spending most days at the club.
He would be absolutely dog hungry to get some sessions in after not being able to do what he loves for so long.

All the BS talk by the 5-minute Fireman regarding us taking him over McDonald will be burning him too.

He'll be right. Hardest bit will be him being patient and realising he's got 10-15 years left in him.

Weird side note, after I had Glandular Fever I have sweated like a mofo ever since.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
correlation doesn't prove causality Hazey! Mate of mine is fond of the term "im sweating like a hooded rapist".....I don't suppose you own a collection of Hoodies by chance do you?

Most of the boys will be off to Europe and Bali but Wills hanging around the club and fronting up everyday to get some conditioning back.

He might have a weekend off here and there but expect Will to be spending most days at the club.
Any chance TT will be joining him.. I wish.

I think the exploding will be more in 2024. I just think he’ll need to build back up to his pre illness levels then build from there. That’s not a bad thing just tempering the expectations

Hopefully he doesn’t overdo it.
Will be trying to play up and needs to be protected from himself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully he doesn’t overdo it.
Will be trying to play up and needs to be protected from himself
Back in March this would have been the case. But hes had plenty of time to rest.
Hes missed 4 months of footy this year.
The fires burning in the belly and he wants to be ready for preseason, otherwise he’s gonna be too far back.

Where's this guy been for the last two years?
Good to see the penny's finally dropped for this guy

Will Phillips will explode in 2023. If any dickhead asks where he has been for two years or dares to suggest that the penny has finally dropped for him, I will tear them a new one.
Cue BT, “Gee he’s really improved from his hawthorn and collingwood days!”

this reinforces for me that we missed a beat not setting up JHF with him as a house mate from the get go.

Not all players need to have this level of drive however It would be brilliant if more of our younger ones did. I am not advocating for taking no time off. What I am saying is that AFL careers are fleeting.

this reinforces for me that we missed a beat not setting up JHF with him as a house mate from the get go.

Not all players need to have this level of drive however It would be brilliant if more of our younger ones did. I am not advocating for taking no time off. What I am saying is that AFL careers are fleeting.
What are Will's living arrangements at the moment?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

What are Will's living arrangements at the moment?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
no idea.

Will is clearly driven and a young leader so putting them together just makes a hell of a lot of sense to me. Much more than putting JHF with CCJ.

point is moot as it didn't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back