Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - 20d/12 tackles in VFL vs Brisbane - does he come in vs Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have traded with Hawthorn. Just handed Sydney two top 5 picks.
Phillips would have been there at pick 4/5.
We tried, Hawks didn't want to trade, we have a terrific kid joining the club so winning either way.

I was surprisingly happy to see us bid on this kid. I know I'd knocked his kicking earlier but I watched his highlights on the draft coverage and he kicked multiple goals and some great weighted passes.

Cunnington with leg speed. Awesome.

Says a lot about how the club sees itself, this one. A genuine mistake if the club had any intentions of breaking that blue collar, ‘yeah they try hard but lack any star quality’, tag. Disappointed we didn’t roll the dice on Hollands. Will be a ******* superstar and has a few more dimensions than Phillips who has ok disposal and is a pure midfielder and that’s it. Might as well have traded our second to GCS...
Thanks for your solid input Nostradamus.. Quality melt.

Welcome Will love ya already 💘

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be honest, "Cunnington with speed" is an insanely horny proposition
Everyone keeps saying Cunners, but I see a lot more Andrew Swallow but with better disposal. I don't think he'll have the Cunners fend off or ability to stand up when being gang-tackled but he's certainly a lot more nimble. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back