Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no question about it, he'll be a future captain of this club.

It's not a matter of 'If', but 'When'.
Yep oozes leadership.

Magnificent that the young boys are building are close bond already - our nucleus will be born out of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no question about it, he'll be a future captain of this club.

It's not a matter of 'If', but 'When'.

No offence but shut up.

You said the same thing about Jed and knocked him out of the game.

Take your witch-like mozzing somewhere else.

nah never said jed should be captain

but you know

*twiddles fingers*

OOOOooaoooOOoooOoooo

He just gets better every year. By the time he retires, he'll be a legend of the club, possibly in contention for the next Shinboner of the century.

Looked physically way fitter too. Clearly wants to get the most of his time in footy.

Close enough.....

After listening to that , How bloody good is this kid.
The respect and pride for the club is sensational.
The way he speaks about himself i feel he will be better and better each game.
No more kicking the dew off for him

Who does love this kid.

I’m on the Will Lazz Powell bandwagon

For Will's development, I'd be giving him a solid month on the ball in the VFL. In racing terms, he needs some easier kills to get his touch and confidence up having missed all last year. He seemed a touch lost yesterday imo.

For Will's development, I'd be giving him a solid month on the ball in the VFL. In racing terms, he needs some easier kills to get his touch and confidence up having missed all last year. He seemed a touch lost yesterday imo.

Yep. Will also help build up that tank. If he comes back in for the second half of the season off the back of 2 or 3 25 plus possession games then I think he makes a major step up from his output so far. Has done a few things that show how good he is going to be. Just needs to get into the groove with fitness and confidence.

So much like Cunnington when he first started. He found it quite difficult to step up to the level, then spent time at VFL level and found his feet and started showing his capabilities. I would love for Will to spend 5-6 games at VFL level on ball, running from contest to contest and looking to mirror what he did at U18 level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back