Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - 20d/12 tackles in VFL vs Brisbane - does he come in vs Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Deserved a goal here

vQsbPAaU.jpg

gR8Zjf9X.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comes on fresh half way through the 3rd and they play him as a deep forward for most of the last quarter. What the fu** are they doing?

The comments when he was dropped were along the lines of 'it will be good for him to get a full game in the midfield at VFL level'. Fair enough I thought, that might be good for him.

He comes on 5 minutes into the last quarter and barely leaves the forward 50.

Dropping him achieved s**t all and may have actually been detrimental to his match fitness.

The comments when he was dropped were along the lines of 'it will be good for him to get a full game in the midfield at VFL level'. Fair enough I thought, that might be good for him.

Dropping him achieved sh*t all and may have actually been detrimental to his match fitness.

Same goes for Atu & Scott.
Neither played at either level on the weekend. Really poor management

Yeah not sure what has happened with the game time. He needs a good 2-4 weeks in the middle at VFL to get his game up to speed. He looks pretty lost out there. Same with Laz, just give them some time.

Would expect he makes way for Dumont.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dropping him achieved sh*t all and may have actually been detrimental to his match fitness.

Im figuring perhaps they felt he needed a week off. Without footy last year its possible he's just sore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back