2nd COVID breach for Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

His isolation gets reset for 14 more days in prison apparently, and that seems to be a major reason why he's been denied bail. As I said, lock him up now, but when his 14 days removed from the Adelaide airport are over then treat him normally.

Until the 24th he needs to be in isolation, I just don't get why that period would start again for a full 14 days, there's no one he could've caught it from in WA.

After the 24th he should be allowed in the gen pop, or bailed so he's not in for christmas and can actually start rebuilding his life whilst awaiting trial.

Jesse Hogan got an $8,000 fine and spent the rest of his isolation in a hotel. Surely there's a fair bit of margin between an $8,000 fine and weeks + in prison?

Has he been charged with anything from the fight? It didn't look like the kind of thing that would result in charges, no one made any contact. It's a terrible look but I don't particularly care if he was out on the drink and fighting or if he was down at Coles buying broccoli. A breach is a breach.

Major differences, Firstly, Hogan actually went to his quarantine house and broke quarantine by letting someone else in.
Secondly this is Stack's second offence in regards to breaking quarantine placement so there is precedent that he just won't stay where he's told.
Thirdly Stack lied to the police about multiple aspects of his quarantine breach (found once investigated)
Fourthly Stack was in public with the potential to infect thousands through flow on effects. Not only was he in public but he was drunk, violent and over 100km's from where he was supposed to be.
Fifth, Stack's poor "outside influences" from before he was drafted also resulted in stack being involved in multiple incidents as a minor which whilst they won't show up on a criminal record as an adult will influence a courts decision in regards to not only bail but also punishment (even though the whole point of a junior record being wiped is it shouldn't)

Get rid or the dropkick . Richmond gave him a chance to make something of himself and he was looking like he was going to take it in his first year . On top of the breaches he looks like he is in terrible condition going off his instagram.

Teaching our youth that there are consequences to actions might be a very good start, doncha think?
You think anyone who's currently a teenager from a broken home is going to be scared straight by what happens to Stack? At best Stack himself might learn something, but I doubt it'll do anything to prevent more Stacks in future.

You think anyone who's currently a teenager from a broken home is going to be scared straight by what happens to Stack? At best Stack himself might learn something, but I doubt it'll do anything to prevent more Stacks in future.

Well lets start with the guilty bastard being given another opportunity to learn a lesson he's clearly struggling to get his head around.

And let me return serve.

You think anyone at all is going to take a positive message of any kind out of giving a serial offender get out of jail free cards because he was once a teenager from a broken home and is now one of the most privileged individuals of his age in the country?

One person speeding has the potential to kill more people than a person who doesn't have COVID.

Some of you people will get blisters from all the hand wringing.

Oh, your one of THOSE people.

Dont think there's a problem so no need to enforce precautions. Just ignor the science and health directives.

You should move to the US if thats the level of respect you have for covid health directives and the law.

And let me return serve.

You think anyone at all is going to take a positive message of any kind out of giving a serial offender get out of jail free cards because he was once a teenager from a broken home and is now one of the most privileged individuals of his age in the country?
Except I never said that. Not even close. This is one of the dumbest straw man arguments I've seen in a long time. If this is how you "return serve" (weird expression to use considering I wasn't taking a shot at you in the first place), it's time to hang up the racquet.

Not punishing him will sure as s**t inspire the next one

Oh, your one of THOSE people.

Dont think there's a problem so no need to enforce precautions. Just ignor the science and health directives.

You should move to the US if thats the level of respect you have for covid health directives and the law.
And now we go back to my original comment that Stack should be crucified for what he actually did (break the law/rules) and not what he might have done. So much for you popping in half way through a conversation to throw some stones Obeanie1 , you're one of THOSE people...

BTW the total deaths from COVID here is less than 1000 so there's probably zero chance that he alone could have infected thousands, as was claimed, which is what I originally responded to. That's unless you also believe that Gavrilo Princip killed 20 million people in WW1.

And now we go back to my original comment that Stack should be crucified for what he actually did (break the law/rules) and not what he might have done. So much for you popping in half way through a conversation to throw some stones Obeanie1 , you're one of THOSE people...

BTW the total deaths from COVID here is less than 1000 so there's probably zero chance that he alone could have infected thousands, as was claimed, which is what I originally responded to. That's unless you also believe that Gavrilo Princip killed 20 million people in WW1.
and let's not forget the 50 million Princip killed in WWII

Hope Stack enjoys his Xmas and NY in jail, he might actually learn a lesson this time and have it stick with him more than the 4 months the last GC lesson took to evaporate from his mind!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except I never said that. Not even close. This is one of the dumbest straw man arguments I've seen in a long time. If this is how you "return serve" (weird expression to use considering I wasn't taking a shot at you in the first place), it's time to hang up the racquet.

Compelling logic right there.

If your only response is going to be insult, at least come in off the long run and have a decent crack.

It's all a big misunderstanding involving everyone but you, it seems.
There's only a "misunderstanding" because you didn't read what I've actually written. I notice several people, both on BF and other media, seem to respond to the posts they wish someone else had written, rather than bothering to read and understand what has actually been written and respond based on its merits. Is it borne out of some desire to correct others?

Compelling logic right there.

If your only response is going to be insult, at least come in off the long run and have a decent crack.
My response was to tell you your logic is faulty because you haven't actually read what I've written and are suggesting I said things that I didn't actually say. If you think that's an insult, you seem very sensitive.

Yep. You are one of those.

All that crap you just posted is insulting to anyone with half a brain to be honest. 'Probably a zero chance' simply does not cut it dealing with pandemics. You break the rules you risk lives. That's why the rules are there, to save lives and protect the economy and jobs.

You keep playing Russian Roulette eventually someone suffers the consequences. Stack has done this twice now, playing Russia Roulette with covid guidelines because he doesn't give a f###. Enough people do that we end up like America.

Stack doesn't care he's playing Russian Roulette with covid. People who are doing that in the US are dying and killing others.

Pro tip, he's spending more time in Jail than just the Christmas period. Second covid quarantine breach, deliberately broke a compassionate quarantine dispensation to get into the state, never went into quarantine in WA and was busted fighting in public at night time in the busiest part of Perth.

All in the state which has and will continue to go harder than any other against quarantine offenders.

WA is the only state of Australia not in recession and it was largely due to the hard border allowing us to keep almost everything open and meaning more of the mining and construction jobs went to WA people. In an election year Stack has no chance.

Recall reading somewhere criticism of penalties for deliberate breaches.

Other countries are geing tough and so should we.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back