Game Day 2nd Elim Final, 2020 - St Kilda v Western Bulldogs Saturday 3 October 2020 - 4:40 PM (AEST)

Who kicks our first goal?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butler is their most important player imo. Keep him quiet and we're a big shout. Max King has the yips almost as badly as Josh Bruce from the games I've seen. So unless he tidies that up, I'm not too worried about him.

It goes without saying, but it's pretty important to get off to a good start. The Saints have got the jump on us in the previous two matches and we haven't been able to overcome the quarter time deficit.

Getting off to a good start against the Saints in a final is something we're traditionally good at.

FIRST HALF
1992:
QT: Bulldogs 33-6
HT: Bulldogs 57-20

2009:
QT: Bulldogs 17-2
HT: Bulldogs 31-24

2010:
QT: Bulldogs 19-11
HT: Bulldogs 30-24

It's our second halves against them which has been worrying.

SECOND HALF
1992:
Saints 70-62

2009:
Saints 36-22

2010:
Saints 64-34

thanks for posting that. Gee wiz that is startling how different we are and how much better we look on paper compared to last year!
Shout out to the excited Doggies fans who started this thread at 12.02am and have already filled a page by 5am. He he he

Compare today's team to the Round 2 team - no wonder we got flogged in Rd 2

Who goes to Butler? Guy is in rare form.

Kind of worried if its Dureya. Maybe Richards or Roarke?

Maybe Daniel does go to him to make him accountable? Butler is not an aerial target so that could work.

Maybe Daniel does go to him to make him accountable? Butler is not an aerial target so that could work.

Williams I think. He's just been having single goal games since round 13 so I'm not too worried that he'll be the difference.

1pm, windy, some cloud about, not that hot

Ground runs east west could be important to win the toss.

Brisbane area
Mostly sunny. The chance of fog patches in the west early this morning. Winds southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h turning easterly 20 to 30 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the evening.

Given our height in the backline, Wood is probably a chance to go to him.

I think Saints are just a bit better balanced and don't have any major weaknesses that I can see. On top of that, they will be very desperate considering their lack of finals in recent years. Not sure I'm being pessimistic or realistic but I see a Saints victory by 14 points. Strangely, if we can beat the Saints I think we can beat the Tigers in the Qual Final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in two minds about today's Lucky Meal. I can make my own Buffalo wings with blue cheese dressing and beer battered fries and a salad or I can order a pizza from Menulog and get a good deal - i/2 Souvlaki(Fresh tomato, onion, marinated lamb, tzatziki and spinach leaves.) and 1/2 Super Seafood(Scallops, mussels, prawns, anchovies and garlic). 10% off and free delivery. I can make the Buffalo wings and eat them at the start of the match, but the pizza can't be delivered until 5:30pm. What if we're really behind by then and I won't feel like eating? Damn the AFL for the schedule. Damn them to hell! :p

I think the game is today
Look at when the post was made. I hadn't gone to sleep yet. Not all old people go to bed at dusk(or sooner)! ;)

I'm in two minds about today's Lucky Meal. I can make my own Buffalo wings with blue cheese dressing and beer battered fries and a salad or I can order a pizza from Menulog and get a good deal - i/2 Souvlaki(Fresh tomato, onion, marinated lamb, tzatziki and spinach leaves.) and 1/2 Super Seafood(Scallops, mussels, prawns, anchovies and garlic). 10% off and free delivery. I can make the Buffalo wings and eat them at the start of the match, but the pizza can't be delivered until 5:30pm. What if we're really behind by then and I won't feel like eating? Damn the AFL for the schedule. Damn them to hell! :p

I like the sound of Buffalo wings and or Souvlaki
Not a fan of pizza

Difficult decision

Probably Buffalo wings

Good luck – Go Dogs :bulldogs:

Need to get off to a good start.

Nervous about this one given recent results against them, we have some key players in that missed last time against them that helps and realistically we only had 4 less shots than them in round 2
Hope they are worrying about us as much as some here are worrying about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back