Game Day 2nd Elim Final, 2020 - St Kilda v Western Bulldogs Saturday 3 October 2020 - 4:40 PM (AEST)

Who kicks our first goal?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Tracy

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Shouldn't of won it anyway. All we had to do was make the 3rd quarter competitive and we let them kick a couple easy goals. Again great 1st and 4th quarter and a decent second. If we had a decent third that game would've won. Idk how Saints manage to blow those leads tho lol.
Pumped for the trade period.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Proud of the way we finished at least. Other weeks we would have been blown out but they stuck with it til the end despite being a man down.

The Crozier and Duryea efforts late were incredible

In the past, when we've been down, we've stayed down. Being able to stage a comeback and come very close to it after being four goals down is a positive.

Dec 29, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Practically coaching?

Coaching and leadership.

Take the stoppages for example a number of times this year the opposition gave hit the ball outside the inner circle leaving our mids stranded because the opposition ruck has monstered English, but it takes us until after quarter break to adjust. If you have leaders they fix it on field during a quarter.

In the past, when we've been down, we've stayed down. Being able to stage a comeback and come very close to it after being four goals down is a positive.
Just like last year eh? Can see they learnt a lot from that lesson.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
Bruce has had one of the worst seasons from a dogs player I have seen in years

He probably should've been dropped two months ago, could've dominated the twos got his confidence back and hit some form at the back end of the season. Thought it was a brave call to try and let him play his way into form and it didn't pay off.

Shouldn't of won it anyway. All we had to do was make the 3rd quarter competitive and we let them kick a couple easy goals. Again great 1st and 4th quarter and a decent second. If we had a decent third that game would've won. Idk how Saints manage to blow those leads tho lol.
Pumped for the trade period.

fair point, we were terrible for 3 quarters. Saints will get blown away by Richmond if they play like that again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swap English for a half competent ruck and we win.
Hunter and Wallis with bad misses cost us.

Their tall backs killed us.

There's a bit to be positive about - JUH next year and another pre-season into English puts us in a good position next year. We don't lose any best 22 players over the pre-season

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Disappointed but not surprised

We have a great top half of list
The rest is average
Bottom 4 coaching when it matters

Every year we go in with the same coaches will end the same way
The guys lower down in the pecking order actually held their own tonight top tier need to lift in big games in my opinion. Time to go hard at the trade table and make some drastic coaching changes

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If we move players on, we start from the bottom. If JJ is gone, that's a third of our team gone with him. Far from our worst today and all season
I get what you mean, and im largely talking out of anger.

JJ repeatedly shat the bed and put it on their defenders heads today. He does it far too often and in big games.

I'd say wood is the other one, but we need some sort of develooment/mentorship for the younger players. I'd be very worried if he is in our best 22 next year.

Dec 29, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gotta admit though, Saints counter attacking skills game was pretty good

they transition well and fast and structure up to do it. We lack that real pressure to deny them that.

take 2016 for example teams didn’t open us up as often because of the pressure we applied and our ability to lock the ball in our forward half and dominate the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back