Autopsy 2nd Elimination Final – Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants, Saturday 8th September 2018, SCG, 4.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations on the win. Here are the midfield frequency stats for the match - if you haven't seen one of these posts before, this is an overall summary of how often players started as one of your 5 mids at bounces.

There were 17 bounces

Whitfield 15 wing
Hopper 14
Tomlinson 14 wing
Shiel 12 (3w)
Ward 12
Coniglio 11
Kelly (inj) 3
Taranto 2

Rucks:
Lobb 15
Tomlinson 2

Notes:
- Fewest starts for Taranto in an analysed game
- First time for Whitfield topping the list in analysed games this season. Also the first time finishing in the top 6 mids since Rd 7

Quite amazing how different the result was compared to a few weeks ago.
Buddy being injured helped, Davis not being injured helped more.
Green and Williams add the x factor that we absolutely need.
de Boer adds accountability and experience, Lids just more class.
It seems to me that teams use the wide wings of the SCG to beat Sydney and expose their lack of outside run/class.

I think the team is really well balanced now. Same time last year I thought we were way top heavy both forward and back. We are so much more mobile now.

Great win by the team and Williams was exceptional in his first game back, plenty of others are worthy of mention but I think it is important that there were many contributors and all over the field to the win.
Also I think it also says something about the depth of the Swans list that although they have top end talent by the end of the season they are all drained from the combative game style
Goal kicking was an issue and I am sure they will talk about the need to take their opportunities during the week but I think it was 5 shots hit the post for a behind so a bit of luck with those so hopefully it isn't an issue on Saturday night
Toby doing what he does best in kicking goals and pi$$ing the opposition off and the supporters and also to the vic media, good on him but hopefully he tones it down as it does seem dangerous but then again the Nic Nat Sandilands incident from last year was horrific and if it had been a smaller man what could have happened

Quite amazing how different the result was compared to a few weeks ago.
Buddy being injured helped, Davis not being injured helped more.
Green and Williams add the x factor that we absolutely need.
de Boer adds accountability and experience, Lids just more class.
It seems to me that teams use the wide wings of the SCG to beat Sydney and expose their lack of outside run/class.

I think the team is really well balanced now. Same time last year I thought we were way top heavy both forward and back. We are so much more mobile now.
One hung I notice about lids is he always takes the first option

He doesn’t hesitate and he executes

Exceptional ball use

Remove this Banner Ad

Back