Preview 2nd Elimination Final, 2020: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Gabba, Saturday 3rd October, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 22 25.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely based on our form this year against both sides we should be hoping for dogs. If it is them I have no idea who goes out for jones. Most will say Kent but we have played 3 or more smalls for 17 out of 17 games. We even played kent off a 2 handball game. That suggests to me rats is keen to keep that group. I honestly have no idea who goes If it’s the pies I would drop Carlisle for match ups which has happened previously

Both very winnable games. Collingwood absolutely outclassed us last time, but I feel they're a little weaker than they were. So long as we don't go into our shells 5 minutes into the first quarter, we'll be fine.

As for the Bulldogs, I really hope we play them. Not because I think it's more winnable, but because Peter Gordons comments earlier in the year still make my blood boil. I hope we beat them either by 120 points, or by 1 single point following a BS free kick at the final siren to steal the win.

We may actually play better now that the shackles are off...nothing to lose, I'd expect us to play with more dare and take more chances. Both things win big games.

We may actually play better now that the shackles are off...nothing to lose, I'd expect us to play with more dare and take more chances. Both things win big games.

Agree

This is the time to just go for it, IMO. This year has shown us that we’re still a little bit off from a true challenging side, which will come with time. I feel like letting the players cut loose and play to their natural tendencies would be the only way we could go all the way, despite the extra risk of it going awry.

But I’d rather see a loss due to having a crack than losing in a bland, uninspiring way.

Surely based on our form this year against both sides we should be hoping for dogs. If it is them I have no idea who goes out for jones. Most will say Kent but we have played 3 or more smalls for 17 out of 17 games. We even played kent off a 2 handball game. That suggests to me rats is keen to keep that group. I honestly have no idea who goes If it’s the pies I would drop Carlisle for match ups which has happened previously

It won't be popular, but I would put Jones in for Hannebury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think on recent form the Dogs are way out in front to be honest. They are in ominous form. Pies are getting players back but just going still. Grundy looks beat up. I'd back us to minimise their scoring now.

Since the Pies beat Geelong back in July the only sides they have beaten are Sydney Bottom 4, Adelaide bottom 4, North bottom 4, Carton bottom 8, Gold Coast bottom 8. They are getting it done but a far from convincing form line.

I’m with you on this gringo2011, dogs are building good momentum whilst Collingwood aren’t the same team that we played at the start of the year.

Would we choose Gabba or Metricon if we finished 6th and had the choice?

Also I recall seeing a graph in a prev thread showing list age/percentage and winning grand final sided, can anyone remind me where this was?

I’m with you on this gringo2011, dogs are building good momentum whilst Collingwood aren’t the same team that we played at the start of the year.

Would we choose Gabba or Metricon if we finished 6th and had the choice?

Also I recall seeing a graph in a prev thread showing list age/percentage and winning grand final sided, can anyone remind me where this was?

Prefer the Gabba. Metricon is a shithole.

I think on recent form the Dogs are way out in front to be honest. They are in ominous form. Pies are getting players back but just going still. Grundy looks beat up. I'd back us to minimise their scoring now.

Since the Pies beat Geelong back in July the only sides they have beaten are Sydney Bottom 4, Adelaide bottom 4, North bottom 4, Carton bottom 8, Gold Coast bottom 8. They are getting it done but a far from convincing form line.
Dogs haven’t beaten anyone. Pies have. Reckon they may even beat port tomorrow which means we must play them.

Dogs haven’t beaten anyone. Pies have. Reckon they may even beat port tomorrow which means we must play them.

Beat the Eagles and Melbourne where we couldn't in the last few weeks. Also the only side to have pushed the Cats besides Richmond for ages. Also demolished the Crows and Hawks by big margins, something we couldn't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back