Autopsy 2nd Elimination Final, 2020: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs

is it just me or has Josh Bruce fallen so far this year that you would consider delisting him ... he was litterally a wasted space on the dogs team he looked slow didnt bother to chase couldnt lay a tackle in a cuddle congregation ... and his marking .. oh my.. the dude couldnt catch herpes kissing the entire Collingwood cheersquad how bad is his ability..

normally i dont derive enjoyment in seeing our former players do poorly thats not my style but i must say i did smirk when he trudged off the oval pretending to look upset at the loss ... the dogs have picked up a dud from us he is there for his payday thats it .. not person with a passion for the club they are representing would put in that effort ....

unfortunately, thats how sometimes he was at the saints well, but we swept it under the table because the next week or two he would again bob up with 2 goals or 3 goals. then he would miss goals and we all forgave him. etc etc

is it just me or has Josh Bruce fallen so far this year that you would consider delisting him ... he was litterally a wasted space on the dogs team he looked slow didnt bother to chase couldnt lay a tackle in a cuddle congregation ... and his marking .. oh my.. the dude couldnt catch herpes kissing the entire Collingwood cheersquad how bad is his ability..

normally i dont derive enjoyment in seeing our former players do poorly thats not my style but i must say i did smirk when he trudged off the oval pretending to look upset at the loss ... the dogs have picked up a dud from us he is there for his payday thats it .. not person with a passion for the club they are representing would put in that effort ....

the issue i have with Bruce isn't the way he carried on about the jumper, nor is it in the way he left really. I don't begrudge him for seeking more opportunity or more $$$, given we had King coming through and your career is limited. i was worried about the impact on King but it appears the club made the right call here.

my issue with him is how he conducted himself whilst at out club. was happy to collect a big fat pay cheque and contribute on game day in a semi-consistent manner. but the behaviour around the younger players coming through i have a massive issue with. which involved a ******* surfing trip 3 days out from our first JLT game in 2018 which was an incredibly important season. dragging some of the younger leaders with him.

i'm sorry mate, but if you're collecting a big pay cheque because its a young upcoming list with plenty of cap room then you can atleast lead by example and sacrifice some of the luxuries.

he's symbolic of the issues under richo IMO.

i don't think he's the type to go to the levels of say a JK at WCE to get the absolute best out of himself for the betterment of the club. he's more the cruise through it type and enjoy the high living life style of the AFL.

Apr 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon there was 5-6 instances like this during the game.
Not enough love for Hunter. Some of the stuff he did for a mid playing his first final was ridiculously good.
Give him another pre season and he'll play midfield from round one and should be all Australian. Will be our next A grade/elite player.

the issue i have with Bruce isn't the way he carried on about the jumper, nor is it in the way he left really. I don't begrudge him for seeking more opportunity or more $$$, given we had King coming through and your career is limited. i was worried about the impact on King but it appears the club made the right call here.

my issue with him is how he conducted himself whilst at out club. was happy to collect a big fat pay cheque and contribute on game day in a semi-consistent manner. but the behaviour around the younger players coming through i have a massive issue with. which involved a ******* surfing trip 3 days out from our first JLT game in 2018 which was an incredibly important season. dragging some of the younger leaders with him.

i'm sorry mate, but if you're collecting a big pay cheque because its a young upcoming list with plenty of cap room then you can atleast lead by example and sacrifice some of the luxuries.

i don't think he's the type to go to the levels of say a JK at WCE to get the absolute best out of himself for the betterment of the club. he's more the cruise through it type and enjoy the high living life style of the AFL.

I didn't realise the above. interesting, because it really never came out

I didn't realise the above. interesting, because it really never came out

was all over insta. i remember newnes there too and a couple of others.

one of the few senior guys we had yet didn't really impact the leadership group at all. better off our list than on it IMO

May 15, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Was 32 & 51 which effectively helped us land Jones and Butler. Media said it was a bargain for the dogs..not sure many will come out and acknowledge how wrong they were. It seems our big footy board is way more knowledgeable than the so called experts in David king etc.
We made out like bandits with pick 42 for that spud. Bulldogs overpaid by about three rounds. Haha

On ONEPLUS A5000 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can some kind soul make a gif of that passage of play leading up to Membrey's first goal of the 3rdQ? The Long handpass in a tackle, the Steele pass in a tackle, the pinpoint Paddy kick to Membrey - as Brucey would say, "Delicious!"

How's this...
The take by Billings too...
Next contest... Next contest... Next contest... Next contest... Next contest......

There's been a lot made of the tackle count, Dogs had 41 tackles to our 32, Dogs laid 6 tackles inside 50 to our 1, but the reality was that we soaked up their pressure and they didn't pin the ball in well with their tackles. It's something that's frustrated me a lot about the Saints in the past, we lay the tackle but the opposition still get a clean disposal to advantage. It was so nice to see that shoe on the other foot. The passage Munga posted above is a perfect example, as was that Keystone Cops sequence where the Doggies would've laid two or three tackles deep in their forward line but couldn't even pin it in, let alone force a turnover.

And the best part was on the rare occasions they did pin it in, it was just another opportunity for Ryder or Marshall to spank the Doggies in the ruck again.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda

A lot of these players that leave clubs do it for a chance to get more game time , or change of scenery or money.
They must always remember there could be major hurdles and pressure to over come when going to a new club.
You get someone who doesn't bring the right attitude you end up with a spud you can't get rid of.

The recruitment department nailed our trade picks - Hill , Howard , Butler , Jones , Ryder they all came with the hunger to play.

Noticed all the talk about Paddy McCartin , hope he gets his chance to give it another try - but I only hope he doesn't cop a another head knock and in this game there is a high risk.

You responded to my post from gringo anyway I am done with you trying to dictate what people post on this forum, let people enjoy the win FFS, I wont respind to your rubbish again waste of time and space
put plugger on ignore.png

you won't regret it

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
A few things, firstly we massivley underate the importance of Sinclair. His 13/14 possesions are worth about 25 of someone like ross or jones. He never doesn;t try and do something with the footy. Just always trying to create. There were also countess times he won some crucial one on ones. I hope with longer quarters next year he can increase his disposal count.
Also, this is important to remember, whilst many are saying we played to conservatively in the last quarter we held a 3 goal lead with 8 minutes to go. Furthermore at least two of the goals the Libba and Daniel ones were caused by dodgy free kicks/non calls. Watch bont's 'handball' cough (clear throw) to Libba that really got them going and should have been a free to us. In other words we had the game somewhat controlled.

Lastly, we know Roma can;t tap the ball the same way paddy can but we know he can be a clearance machine.

dcK04kc.jpg

Ok yes I'm watching the hell out of this replay admittedly, but I remember even thinking this at the time:
WTF is up with the St Kilda fanzone zoom thingy? Check out centre and centre right squares for the Membrey goal at the start of the 3rd Q. Rub-Bish!

Why sign up for it in the first place, you bloody potatoes? You represent us Saints fans, we want to see manic celebrations, not an idiot checking her hair and make up look ok and a couple of lumps on the sofa not even registering that a goal had been scored. GTFO.
Until you’ve been there you don’t know what the pressure is like.

Ok yes I'm watching the hell out of this replay admittedly, but I remember even thinking this at the time:
WTF is up with the St Kilda fanzone zoom thingy? Check out centre and centre right squares for the Membrey goal at the start of the 3rd Q. Rub-Bish!

Why sign up for it in the first place, you bloody potatoes? You represent us Saints fans, we want to see manic celebrations, not an idiot checking her hair and make up look ok and a couple of lumps on the sofa not even registering that a goal had been scored. GTFO.

The one that really made me feel mad is the young lass who was twirling her puppy as some strange way of expressing the beating the dogs were getting from the Saints.

The one that really made me feel mad is the young lass who was twirling her puppy as some strange way of expressing the beating the dogs were getting from the Saints.

I didn't see it but my son mentioned that a girl was torturing her dog.

Back