Autopsy 2nd Elimination Final, 2020: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs

I didn't see it but my son mentioned that a girl was torturing her dog.

She was in the three o’clock square from memory after one of the Saints goals.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ratts gave a nice little clip to Bevo for not giving Geary votes. Love it. Probably the first time I've heard Ratts give any sort of a clip to anyone.
9 Paddy Ryder (STK)
7 Dougal Howard (STK)
7 Caleb Daniel (WB)
3 Jarryn Geary (STK)
2 Bailey Williams (WB)
2 Tim Membrey (STK)

Means the votes must have gone

Ratts
5 Ryder
4 Daniel
3 Geary
2 Howard
1 Membrey

Bevo
5 Howard
4 Ryder
3 Daniel
2 Williams
1 Membrey

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
9 Paddy Ryder (STK)
7 Dougal Howard (STK)
7 Caleb Daniel (WB)
3 Jarryn Geary (STK)
2 Bailey Williams (WB)
2 Tim Membrey (STK)

Means the votes must have gone

Ratts
5 Ryder
4 Daniel
3 Geary
2 Howard
1 Membrey

Bevo
5 Howard
4 Ryder
3 Daniel
2 Williams
1 Membrey
Only other way it could have gone is:
Ratts
5 Ryder
4 Howard
3 Geary
2 Daniel
1 Membrey

Bevo
5 Daniel
4 Ryder
3 Howard
2 Williams
1 Membrey

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ratts
5 Ryder
4 Howard
3 Geary
2 Daniel
1 Membrey

Bevo
5 Daniel
4 Ryder
3 Howard
2 Williams
1 Membrey
Wouldnt shock me if Bevo gave Daniel 5 votes.

In our game earlier in the year when we smashed then, he also some surprisingly high votes to dogs players.

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wouldnt shock me if Bevo gave Daniel 5 votes.

In our game earlier in the year when we smashed then, he also some surprisingly high votes to dogs players.
He's an interesting one Bevo. I was expecting them to be a top four team this year, but they weren't close to it really. The hype they create is all of the back of 2016 which was brilliant but hype is all they are at the moment.

He's an interesting one Bevo. I was expecting them to be a top four team this year, but they weren't close to it really. The hype they create is all of the back of 2016 which was brilliant but hype is all they are at the moment.
They've got a one man forward line, an overworked single ruck and Cordy(!) going down wrecked their backline structure. With all those flaws, doesn't matter how good their midfield is.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ratts
5 Ryder
4 Howard
3 Geary
2 Daniel
1 Membrey

Bevo
5 Daniel
4 Ryder
3 Howard
2 Williams
1 Membrey
i would guess it would be more this in all honesty .... i thought Gears took Daniel to the cleaners so i doubt Ratts gave him more 4 votes ... and the daniel just needs to step on the ground for the dogs to give him votes

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
they are such a strange team to read ... every year they get the "fairy tail" tag line linked to their season like they are some battlers that we should all feel good about them coming good .. stuff them i say ... ill admit i cheered them in 16 but after that pfft
im almost tempted to go all Jeff Kennet and declare "What they don't have, I think, is the quality of some of our players; they don't have the psychological drive we have. We've beaten The Dogs when it matters"

Media hype, a lot of it. As they did to the Dees as well.

they are such a strange team to read ... every year they get the "fairy tail" tag line linked to their season like they are some battlers that we should all feel good about them coming good .. stuff them i say ... ill admit i cheered them in 16 but after that pfft
im almost tempted to go all Jeff Kennet and declare "What they don't have, I think, is the quality of some of our players; they don't have the psychological drive we have. We've beaten The Dogs when it matters"

they're a funny one

we all should like the dogs they are in a similar position to us, but there's something about them that makes them deeply unlikeable. their supporters are feral. the arrogance of their president. how their players milk frees.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
They've got a one man forward line, an overworked single ruck and Cordy(!) going down wrecked their backline structure. With all those flaws, doesn't matter how good their midfield is.
i think in part their midfield is good on reputation more than application ... yes they have a lot of class there but i dont know if that class is more than the occasional flash in the pan ... i think the WCE midfield has more grunt to it and more consistant class to it .. ours doesnt have the polish of the dogs midfield but you know with our midfield they are going to dig in and work hard all day ... they might not be the best midfield but our midfield certainly give it a crack

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
i think in part their midfield is good on reputation more than application ... yes they have a lot of class there but i dont know if that class is more than the occasional flash in the pan ... i think the WCE midfield has more grunt to it and more consistant class to it .. ours doesnt have the polish of the dogs midfield but you know with our midfield they are going to dig in and work hard all day ... they might not be the best midfield but our midfield certainly give it a crack
Part of it is because their midfield all get a lot of stats. But they also play a stat padding style that involves the same 5 players throwing handballing between themselves but not actually gaining much territory or hurting their opposition.

May 15, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Listening to Tony Liberatore dispute whatelys assessment is one of the most biased calls you will hear. Looked funny when he would let whately speak and just continued on with his bulldogs theme...oh and Bruce and Naughton are like first yr players..just dumb..

On ONEPLUS A5000 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Part of it is because their midfield all get a lot of stats. But they also play a stat padding style that involves the same 5 players throwing handballing between themselves but not actually gaining much territory or hurting their opposition.

They have so many good mids but are a bit Melbourne in their similarity. Bailey Smith the only one with and speed. They have all their weapons in the middle of the ground. Collingwood similar but at least have a good defence.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
They have so many good mids but are a bit Melbourne in their similarity. Bailey Smith the only one with and speed. They have all their weapons in the middle of the ground. Collingwood similar but at least have a good defence.
Melbourne is at least building a decent defence and have Gawn. Their forward line on the other hand is a disaster. And their midfield is pretty weak once they get it outside the centre square, and Petrecca is their only reliable kick.

Bevo just picks as many midfielders as possible and expects them to play in defence and forward rather than picking players to fit their positions. It works against the lower teams since they beat them on pure talent. But against sides with stronger systems, it is a lot harder for the pure talent to prevail.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Listening to Tony Liberatore dispute whatelys assessment is one of the most biased calls you will hear. Looked funny when he would let whately speak and just continued on with his bulldogs theme...oh and Bruce and Naughton are like first yr players..just dumb..

On ONEPLUS A5000 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He must have got into his son's stash if he thinks the Dogs are close to a top 4 team, they are a 7th or 8th team at best which has been proven the last 2 seasons with them finishing 7th and being knocked out in the first week of finals. If they were close to being a top 4 team they would've at least made a semi final.

Even in 2016 they were still a 7th to 8th team, they just got on a roll in finals with a massive armchair ride from the umpires who got caught up in the fairytale.

Last edited:

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Taking the piss:

He has the exceptionally rare skill of not just having the Pendlebury like awareness and poise and composure, but also the brute strength to break through tackles like Danger and Cripps. It is actually insane, we do have not had a guy with his level of talent since BJ. Then you remember that he is also almost ampidextris its not fair.

Hope he, shadows Steele this off season get shredded and plays a full year on the ball.

Back