Autopsy 2nd Elimination Final, 2020: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Last week Brad Hill had Hunter as his player to watch in the finals and Dan Hannebery said he’s either going to be a star or a superstar. Those guys have been around and know what they’re talking about, just super exciting.

they're a funny one

we all should like the dogs they are in a similar position to us, but there's something about them that makes them deeply unlikeable. their supporters are feral. the arrogance of their president. how their players milk frees.
It's a case of bogans winning the lottery. They've failed to handle success.

They were once our unsuccessful brothers in arms, and whilst we cheered their success, they immediately turned into w***ers.

Their game plan of staging for frees is their way of trying to cheat another win.
But their heart and soul left with Bob Murphy, Boyd, Morris and Picken.

Since then they've also lost Hamling, Stringer, T.Boyd, Dollhouse, Roughead, etc.

Only 4 years on and they're not the same team that won a GF. Not even close.

Bevo is trying to win by whatever means he has, but he's crossed a line, because you don't win premierships while you're concentrating on how to cheat the umps. That's what soccer is for.

They'll get their just deserts.
Already are...

Ratts gave a nice little clip to Bevo for not giving Geary votes. Love it. Probably the first time I've heard Ratts give any sort of a clip to anyone.
where was this?

where was this?

in his radio interview with Gerard Whateley this morning. It’s posted here somewhere, possibly in the media thread. Worth listening to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a case of bogans winning the lottery. They've failed to handle success.

They were once our unsuccessful brothers in arms, and whilst we cheered their success, they immediately turned into w***ers.

Their game plan of staging for frees is their way of trying to cheat another win.
But their heart and soul left with Bob Murphy, Boyd, Morris and Picken.

Since then they've also lost Hamling, Stringer, T.Boyd, Dollhouse, Roughead, etc.

Only 4 years on and they're not the same team that won a GF. Not even close.

Bevo is trying to win by whatever means he has, but he's crossed a line, because you don't win premierships while you're concentrating on how to cheat the umps. That's what soccer is for.

They'll get their just deserts.
Already are...
I don't get why they didn't play Bailey Dale against us. He's always popped up for a couple of goals whenever I've watched him. I mean ok he's got a badly photoshopped face and a weird spoonerish name but he would have been a lot better in their forward line than those that were there.

I feel bad for Josh Bruce. He's not a bad guy and I don't begrudge him trying to settle into his new club and really looking forward to beating us, so he should.

He was an unreliable forward for most of his time with us and I advocated strongly for moving him on in the face of much resistance on this board, but take only a little pleasure in the affirmation caused by his inadequacy this season.

I think he could be used better by the dogs, most importantly whether or not his weight gain was a club request to play a different way or more likely just coming off an off season out of shape, it's clear that he plays better when he's slighter. I hope he turns it around and finds satisfaction that has eluded him this year.

As for the dogs, I'm happy to see them fail. I was one of the few Saints fans who weren't happy to see them win their 2016 premiership, mostly because I considered them beneath us and it felt like they'd overtaken us. I have since accepted that the Richardson era was a massive failure and I'm right at the front of the Ratten wagon. I couldn't bear one of the other smaller clubs to turn their own failures around before we do, and I am dealing with 2016’s "Western" premiership as a freak anomaly that we will eventually surpass. It's much harder to square away the Richmond upturn.

Just to think, if the bloke below had looked a bit more normal, 2017 would have been very different for Richmond and we might still be laughing about them and calling them n i n t h m o n d and so on.

PS : the spaces are to avoid the cheeky moderation that BF puts on that particular nickname. Screenshot_20201006-172008_Ecosia.jpeg

I was so impressed with the blind turns, the left foot/right foot stepping, through the tackles and the kick to Coffield that I completely missed the one handed over the head blind turning handball!!!!
I'm sure he'll be a regular on "Dancing with the Stars " after he retires.

He has the exceptionally rare skill of not just having the Pendlebury like awareness and poise and composure, but also the brute strength to break through tackles like Danger and Cripps. It is actually insane, we do have not had a guy with his level of talent since BJ. Then you remember that he is also almost ampidextris its not fair.

Hope he, shadows Steele this off season get shredded and plays a full year on the ball.

He's not a "strong " looking guy , but very clearly has the core strength and through his legs. Just pushes his way through.

is it just me or has Josh Bruce fallen so far this year that you would consider delisting him ... he was litterally a wasted space on the dogs team he looked slow didnt bother to chase couldnt lay a tackle in a cuddle congregation ... and his marking .. oh my.. the dude couldnt catch herpes kissing the entire Collingwood cheersquad how bad is his ability..

normally i dont derive enjoyment in seeing our former players do poorly thats not my style but i must say i did smirk when he trudged off the oval pretending to look upset at the loss ... the dogs have picked up a dud from us he is there for his payday thats it .. not person with a passion for the club they are representing would put in that effort ....

I honestly thought, at the time, that of the players we traded, Bruce would probably have the best outcome from his change of scenery. Once he started opening his yapper to slag us off, and heading off into glorious isolation during the first shutdown, it became pretty clear he wasn't going to do himself or his new team too many favours. And so it turned out ... basically one good game all season against Gold Coast.

If you had to rank our cast offs, I reckon it goes like this ...

1. Newnes - clearly did good work for Carlton (as he would have for us), earned his salary, and showed he's got plenty left in the tank.
2. GOAT - Season disrupted by injury, but showed late that he's going to be a good player for Freo.
3. Stuv - Solid when he got on the field, but his issues over the past two seasons have taken their toll, and he looks well past his best in an aging team
4. Bruce - 9 doughnuts, and only 2 games of more than 1 goal ... kicked less goals than the 20yo we replaced him with.

The one we'll likely regret over time is GOAT ... I would have liked to see him get a full season under Ratten before giving him up, but then again, we're playing in the second week of finals, so our balance is clearly not bad without him. Pretty clear Stuv is not first-picked at Geelong, and there's a real chance that only Bruce will have hit the field during a final in 2020.

I feel bad for Josh Bruce. He's not a bad guy and I don't begrudge him trying to settle into his new club and really looking forward to beating us, so he should.

He was an unreliable forward for most of his time with us and I advocated strongly for moving him on in the face of much resistance on this board, but take only a little pleasure in the affirmation caused by his inadequacy this season.

I think he could be used better by the dogs, most importantly whether or not his weight gain was a club request to play a different way or more likely just coming off an off season out of shape, it's clear that he plays better when he's slighter. I hope he turns it around and finds satisfaction that has eluded him this year.

As for the dogs, I'm happy to see them fail. I was one of the few Saints fans who weren't happy to see them win their 2016 premiership, mostly because I considered them beneath us and it felt like they'd overtaken us. I have since accepted that the Richardson era was a massive failure and I'm right at the front of the Ratten wagon. I couldn't bear one of the other smaller clubs to turn their own failures around before we do, and I am dealing with 2016’s "Western" premiership as a freak anomaly that we will eventually surpass. It's much harder to square away the Richmond upturn.

Just to think, if the bloke below had looked a bit more normal, 2017 would have been very different for Richmond and we might still be laughing about them and calling them n i n t h m o n d and so on.

PS : the spaces are to avoid the cheeky moderation that BF puts on that particular nickname.View attachment 979260
Probably not his doing. Had a handful of incompetent fools trying to take advantage/ leverage his money.
Btw, I was speaking to one of those fools and they take credit for turning richmond around by putting the incumbents on notice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back