Preview 2nd Preliminary Final: Brisbane Lions vs Geelong Cats @ The Gabba, Sat Oct 17th, 6:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
B99F2AB1-8B70-4F84-A425-071BFDE02A20.png

Wow. A bit surprised. Ah well, let's see how he goes. Hope CEY has a blinder.
I wasn’t surprised at the inclusion. As I said earlier, the Lions seem to telegraph selection through the media.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I guess we’ve chosen to strengthen our second string midfield at the expense of forward pressure.

I guess Richmond get a lot of scores from the back half and Geelong more from clearances.

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I like it. Coleman's pressure has been great. But I think we've still got enough firepower on the ground to exploit the weaknesses in their backline and will lock the ball up forward. If the cats get on top, we'll need more grunt in the middle. CEY isn't elite but he creates space and absorbs body work.

lionsrules

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2006
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
liverpool
Oh Jeez the butterflies. Thats Geelong game this year reminded me alot of the Carlton game last year. had a good lead, was innacurate and they had one good quarter and we get slammed. apply scoreboard pressure ... make the cats fumble and take risks .... got em.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
Think we’ll split CEY between up forward and mid like we do with Berry. Gives us another forward option to stop Stewart, Blicavs and the other bloke from peeling off so much. They have four pretty decent intercept marking defenders so I guess it makes sense, still surprising though.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
View attachment 986997
This line up looks very potent. Class on every line and amazing scoring potential. Focus has been on Charlie, but I am expecting Hipwood cut loose.
Really like the quality of our Emergencies for the future as well. Can't see Hinge being delisted. Kiddy has a big future for us and he will be back as a crowd favorite.

Comeback Lions

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sydney Uni Flames
I was at the game at the SCG when the Cats midfield took us apart in the third quarter. Possibly our worst quarter for the year. We can't afford a repeat of that. We have to consistently win the ball. Given that experience, the CEY change makes sense. Horses for courses, we have more options if their midfield really gets going. As much as I love the way Coleman plays, he will get other chances, if not this year, then next.

lionsrules

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2006
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
liverpool
This will not end well unfortunately, Coleman’s pressure was elite and we’re just taking away mid time from berry. Cey is big but lacks any sort of class
Interesting, but i disagree. I thought Colemans game against Richmond was good but not great. I believe CEY has shown potential this year but also been a passenger. This is his chance to play in the big dance if he does enough. I dont think a switch of the 22nd player is going to be the difference between winning and not ending well.

jonnobackpocket

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
There is no doubt what so ever Kiddy has great potential and will be a good player in the future. I did feel his output has been pretty minimal for a couple of weeks. I think it’s the right move but CEY better be angry and aggressive. If he goes to far and gets a week so be it.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
There is no doubt what so ever Kiddy has great potential and will be a good player in the future. I did feel his output has been pretty minimal for a couple of weeks. I think it’s the right move but CEY better be angry and aggressive. If he goes to far and gets a week so be it.
He looks angry and aggressive.

I'd just like to see him finish off his work by doing something when he gets into the A1 positions where he invariably seems to find himself.

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't think kiddys been outstanding. But has definitely showed some super promising signs. Was thinking early CEY might come in. But jeez gotta feel for kiddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back