Preview 2nd Preliminary Final: Brisbane Lions vs Geelong Cats @ The Gabba, Sat Oct 17th, 6:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Very much a horses for courses selection. CEY another big body to withstand Geelong's attempts to bully us.

Kiddy's time will come. Playing in a winning qualifying final would have seemed a dream to him 12 weeks ago.

Part of being a good team is having depth, which equals a lot of sad selection stories. Chris Scott in the 2003 grand final springs to mind.

Part of the game. It's a better type of sadness than being North Melbourne right now.

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
Very much a horses for courses selection. CEY another big body to withstand Geelong's attempts to bully us.

Kiddy's time will come.

Absolutely. This was a cold calculated selection to match up on the opposition. Kiddy will get a lot more chances.

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I kinda feel like we have baulked first. Bit worried. But should back the coaches in.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I kinda feel like we have baulked first. Bit worried. But should back the coaches in.

Adjusting your team to suit a different opponent is baulking?

fugitive

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Coleman laid some great tackles in QF especially the one against Shai Bolton but different story against Geelong with their larger bodies so good decision I think, just hope CEY has a blinder.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Don't like it.

1- Pressure goes down with Coleman out.
2- CEY is a downgrade on and takes time away from Berry's inside work.
3- CEY is an inside mid and IMO we have that covered already.
4- IIRC jackess pointed out that apart from Danger the Cats mids are not all that big.

In saying that I hope CEY has a blinder and I'm proven wrong.... again.

GO LIONS!

marooned

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well the work week is over and it’s nearly here. Been trying to not think about tomorrow night. I said we would shock the footy world before the tigers game and I’m even more confident this week. Our boys are ready and are a better team than the cats.We will bring our best and keep marching to our flag. CMON LIONS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I think CEY plays 80% forward this game
Balance on the bench & maybe 10 % Mid
Can't see it myself, why take out Coleman when CEY's pressure (he is quite slow) would be at best half as good. Only reason I can see for CEY to come in is to share the inside work around, IMO 70-75%Mid the rest Fwd.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Apparantly at Suncorp Stadium for the NRL there are about 20K people waiting outside the stadium, not letting them in because the entire ticket master system has crashed. Game is starting on time anyway, absolute disaster hope this doesn't happen tomorrow night but will be getting there early in case.

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Apparantly at Suncorp Stadium for the NRL there are about 20K people waiting outside the stadium, not letting them in because the entire ticket master system has crashed. Game is starting on time anyway, absolute disaster hope this doesn't happen tomorrow night but will be getting there early in case.

If they are as pricey as the AFL i'd be spewing.

Absolutely. This was a cold calculated selection to match up on the opposition. Kiddy will get a lot more chances.
Including possibly next week! But, yeah, absolutely horses for courses given Geelong's midfield and what they did to us earlier in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back