Preview 2nd Qual Final - Port Adelaide vs Geelong - Friday 7:50

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, not making it as an emergency is a bad sign and a fresh start at another club might be better for him.

Sometimes that fresh start is the best thing for both parties - sometimes a player can get comfortable in their current setting and a new start that takes them out of the comfort zone & needing to reset is needed to get the best out of themselves

Higgins must still be struggling with his knee/back to be omitted.

Simpson, for mine is lucky to be selected. He was a deer in the headlights a few times against the Dees with costly fumbles and inexplicable turnovers; I would have preferred to see Holmes retained for his better form, speed and tackling pressure.
Simpson was excellent in his first game back in round 22. He was 'so-so' last weekend. His composure in last years finals series was a highlight, especially for one so inexperienced, so I am not surprised they have stuck with him. Holmes is going to be a player, I like a lot, but he is still liable to make fundamental errors.

Genuinely amazed that they can pick O'Connor and even Close ahead of Higgins. Honestly even Parfitt should be on thin ice and could've gone for Higgins.

I guess we can throw Higgins onto the "quality players we bring in but get ignored because Scott has his favourites" heap with Josh Jenkins.

Narkle not even an emergency, is he injured? Or are Close and Miers just untouchable when fit, if so Why? Maybe Close i can understand, sort of, but Miers has done fu** all this year.

Looking forward to next years finals series when McCarthy, Cockatoo and Narkle are all playing for Brisbane and kick 8 goals between them in a prelim final...probably against us...All while O'Connor, Miers, Parfitt and Close are still working out how to football.

Higgins sucks.

I think this will be a neck and neck match. Either side could win it. That being the case, I think it favors Geelong just a bit. They seem to live in the scrappy games and while that gives them an advantage, I think it makes winning the Premiership very difficult. When your scrapping for wins against top flight teams, one of them is going to outscrap you over 3 or 4 games...

I feel about 13 points will be the lucky margin. Close enough that the loser can say "well it was only about two goals" but its enough of a buffer that you don't have heart issues during the last 5 mins of the match.

Cameron is getting off the chain this weekend. I can see him kicking 5 or 6, with Hawkins and Rohan throwing in 3 each.

Simpson was excellent in his first game back in round 22. He was 'so-so' last weekend. His composure in last years finals series was a highlight, especially for one so inexperienced, so I am not surprised they have stuck with him. Holmes is going to be a player, I like a lot, but he is still liable to make fundamental errors.
He was a bit tentative and fumbly in the last game. It's probably due to not having full confidence in the shoulder and a lack of match play. Holmes for mine is the better performed, particularly over recent weeks. He's been getting some minding jobs at the stoppages and would have been useful against Wines / Boak as it seems O'Connor will be required in defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GAME DAY!!!!

Its early yes but im working and wont have access...

GO CAtters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back