Preview 2nd Qualifying Final: Brisbane V Richmond @ Gabba, 02/10/2020 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimma came across like Caddy will play and needs to back up for Jack. Especially if chol does not fire.

Ross goes out as 2 mids come in. Who will be the other? I guess it will come from either Aarts or Pickett.
Both deserve to stay in but one of them I think will go out...

Pickett and Macintosh have owned the wings.

No way known KMc is omitted.
In great touch.
They are playing Lyons as their secondary mid more, since Berry and McCluggage have been receiving attention.
Five changes since last time.
Stack, Egg, Broad, Lynch and Higgs all played.
Bakes was close to BOG.

I reckon it's a great call by Dimma to rule out Lynchy so early because if anything it means the Lions will have all week to stew over whether they play Andrews or not. So we are even more in the Lions heads right now with what our forward line will look like.
This 100%

I reckon it's a great call by Dimma to rule out Lynchy so early because if anything it means the Lions will have all week to stew over whether they play Andrews or not. So we are even more in the Lions heads right now with what our forward line will look like.

Unless Lynch is to be a late in, I don’t subscribe to the same logic. I think it’s a bad call.

They’ve got all week to prepare for a predictable team now and it allows them a simple decision on Andrews as well. They simply won’t rush him now and they’ll be better for it.

A surprise tactic would have been much better IMO

lynch hasnt done a heap in the last 3 games against brisbane, so its probably not too bad. if chol/caddy plays mostly foward you can bank on them kicking 1-2, which should be enough.

we are more likely to need him for the trip to adelaide if we do lose.

adelaide ?

Lunch a big out, especially if Harris-Andrews fit as Lynch is maybe the only player in the league who really gets ahold of him

If Caddy is fit, back him in. Generally classy in front of goal, & maybe Dusty spends a bit more time in the guts than he otherwise would

Chol is much better in that role early on in year with Soldo relief him at times and push forward not permanent forward.We have plenty avenue to goals,Bolton,Titch,Martin push forward most our midfield kicking a couple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dimma came across like Caddy will play and needs to back up for Jack. Especially if chol does not fire.

Ross goes out as 2 mids come in. Who will be the other? I guess it will come from either Aarts or Pickett.
Both deserve to stay in but one of them I think will go out...

Pickett and Macintosh have owned the wings.
rioli

Why rule out Lynch so early? Was the injury far worse than initially announced? Hope it’s just a conservative & calculated approach, gambling that he will be fully fit to play next week if we lose, but even better for 2 more weeks off if we make the prelim

Secret weapon B Miller to debut 👍
I love a secret weapon on the eve of finals, never played, never even close really, but bring him in to mess with their heads. Imagine Harris Andrews, 'I thought Miller retired years ago, Melbourne hack'. The big question is can he do blind turns.
But seriously, I'd love it. Make Richmond even weirder than everyone thinks anyway.

1) Good on the Richmond coaching staff for making the early call on Lynch. It puts doubts in the minds of the Brisbane coaching staff. It also leaves Harris Andrews with an awkward matchup on Riewoldt. Andrews will want to play him from his back shoulder. If he does, Riewoldt will be in full forward mode and will be leading hard at the ball and leaping at the contest. That will drag Andrews out of his favoured position and the Tigers will hit him with the short pass if Andrews drops off.

2) Some crazy calls here. Broad as second ruck? Miller?? Astbury up forward??? I think team balance means a *lot* for Richmond. Every player has a role. We need to find spots for Prestia and Bolton. It will probably be "like for like". Ross out for Prestia, one of Aarts/Castagna/Rioli out for Bolton. Dusty and Bolton will be swapping up forward during play to try and create a mismatch for Richmond up forward.

I would've said Rioli if it was 6-8 weeks ago but has been good since Dreamtime. Plus he's a big-time finals player.
Also, would've said Castagna but he is immune from being dropped, 4 years now I think. Also, if it was out of Aarts and George his experience in finals cant be underestimated.

Dimma said, about Macca and Pickett "make no mistake those guys will be playing".

That leaves Aarts, he has been great but I'm thinking for this week anyway he could well miss, due to team structures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back