Preview 2nd Qualifying Final: Brisbane V Richmond @ Gabba, 02/10/2020 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would've said Rioli if it was 6-8 weeks ago but has been good since Dreamtime. Plus he's a big-time finals player.
Also, would've said Castagna but he is immune from being dropped, 4 years now I think. Also, if it was out of Aarts and George his experience in finals cant be underestimated.

Dimma said, about Macca and Pickett "make no mistake those guys will be playing".

That leaves Aarts, he has been great but I'm thinking for this week anyway he could well miss, due to team structures.
gimme Artsey any day over rioli

Friday 2 October
Summary
sunny.png
Min 15 Max 29 Sunny. Chance of any rain: 5% Brisbane area
Sunny. Light winds becoming easterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damien Hardwick announced on AFL 360 that Chol is the likely replacement for Lynch.
Said that Chol had a quiet first half against Adelaide Crows but he improved in the second half.
I'm happy to give him another go. He is good when he's on and horrible when he's not.
If Lynch was playing, he clearly goes out.
Reckon he might step up fri night though.

Friday 2 October
Summary
sunny.png
Min 15 Max 29 Sunny. Chance of any rain: 5% Brisbane area
Sunny. Light winds becoming easterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening.
Similar weather in Melbourne at last for two days anyway.

Just can't get excited for this game, last year I headed to a packed London Tavern to meet up with some mates to watch the game, atmosphere was electric.

This year I will be at home watching on my own, have become a bit disinterested lately because of this.
[

I think poor old Ross makes way for Prestia.
Bolton is trickier. He's been playing midfield all year, so for a final you shouldn't expect him to outperform Rioli, Castagna or Aarts in the presumably well-drilled and very specific forward roles they've been playing all season.
Personally, I lean towards Chol making way and Dusty/Caddy taking his spot up forward.
But, part of me wants to retain Chol for the structure and surely he can't be as bad as his last game?

Nice headache for the selection committee to have: and we also have Higgins, Markov, Broad not even entering our thought.

Just can't get excited for this game, last year I headed to a packed London Tavern to meet up with some mates to watch the game, atmosphere was electric.

This year I will be at home watching on my own, have become a bit disinterested lately because of this.
Watch it and listen to the boys here, just like having a few mates around.

I think poor old Ross makes way for Prestia.
Bolton is trickier. He's been playing midfield all year, so for a final you shouldn't expect him to outperform Rioli, Castagna or Aarts in the presumably well-drilled and very specific forward roles they've been playing all season.
Personally, I lean towards Chol making way and Dusty/Caddy taking his spot up forward.
But, part of me wants to retain Chol for the structure and surely he can't be as bad as his last game?

Nice headache for the selection committee to have: and we also have Higgins, Markov, Broad not even entering our thought.
Prestia middle means guys like Lambert, Edwards Shai etc more small fwd taking one of George, Dan or Jakes spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back