Preview 2nd Qualifying Final: Brisbane V Richmond @ Gabba, 02/10/2020 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were mentally weak back then.

In pressers now if he rules them out, they're generally out. No ducks and drakes.

I like the straight bat. If others are trying to play mind games it says to me they are rattled. We don't need to.

Very hard to win the oppo rests the fleet of best players the previous week...

Not good enough Damien

Miller been playing the same role as Chol, could Dimma role the dice?
Miller a huge gamble. Safer bet is T 66's Broad in the backline. Broad unlucky not to be playing anyhow; Balta forward for Chol. Caddy stays. Prestia, Bolton & Broad. OUTs Ross, Chol & Aarts. That way we don't lose height for the backline, we have competitive back up ruck up fwd. Caddy is a good medium fwd, playing where he plays best. And Aarts small fwd role taken by Lambert/Bolton/Edwards

The Lions preview thread is fu**en rolled gold..

In the first few pages they are going on about how cocky we are in our preview thread and how we are getting ahead of ourselves...... scroll forward to the last few pages and every second post is "we are gonna smash them by 6 goals, they have no answers for us"

hahahahaha
Richmond by 10 goals

I would play Caddy if fit and drop Chol for Prestia.

If losing Lynch does anything it makes us less predictable which might be good as a one off, especially for this game.

Last edited:
Can't believe I'm actually thinking this as I can't stand the Hillbillies but would prefer they beat Port Power Thursday night.
I feel them winning wouldn't hurt so much if we lose Friday night as if we then get past the SF we would face them off a bye and most likely in QLD. It's a win/win anyway, even if we beat the lions we will play Port in QLD. Thoughts?

Last edited:
It'll be crazy not going into this game without Chol, structurally we need a second Ruck to help out Nank with Mcinerney/Martin, in the fwdline Chol at least gives Andrews/Gardiner an opponent. Plus is Caddy healthy? What if Nank gets injured? theres just too many risks not playing Chol.
Only one risk..Thats playing Chol. Soft as mush and doesn't contribute in the ruck. Scared footballers can not play ruck. I'd rather play a first gamer.

Chol stays this week. If we had better tall fwd depth Chol wouldn't play. But we have Soldo & Lynch OUT against Brizzy who have two rucks. Martin & McvInernary with Hipwood a tall KPFs as well. Nank can even it with these two. McInarny's taller and getting better too. I think he solo rucked for them last game. I don't want Balta or JR taken of their roles. Too important. We beat Adelaide with Chol doing what he did. We come up against the Cats who use one ruck & 2 tall KPFs sure.

Look if they keep Chol I won't be melting as i'll see the logic in it.

My problem is Chol played like a guy who didn't want to be out there, or certainly not out there in that position on the ground. I dunno if he was scared of body contact or lost it between the ears or what, but he was insipid. I've seen other players play games where they can't be ****ed; Dusty had a few of those early in the year. But Chol didn't want to go near the contest and even that one hander he took was pretty much pure ass.

We regularly rove opposition hitouts so i'm not really bothered about the centre bounces, and boundary throwins get split up depending on where they occur.

Like I said before, i'd rather play Caddy forward and rotate Dusty and Cotchin through the goalsquare. Balta can take ruck contests if he has to and we can always bring in Broad if we look a bit light on in defence.

But I wont be melting if we pick Chol. I reserve the right to melt afterwards though if he puts in another shocker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got Jacob Mollison, statistically our worst umpire in terms of results. In 12 games, we run at a 50% win rate when he is umpiring us.

Can't believe I'm actually thinking this as I can't stand the Hillbillies but would prefer they beat Port Power Thursday night.
I feel them winning wouldn't hurt so much if we lose Friday night as if we then get past the SF we would face them off a bye and most likely in QLD. It's a win/win anyway, even if we best the lions we will play Port in QLD. Thoughts?

Was thinking the same.
Port v Cats game is important to the loser of our game.
If Port win it's a prelim in Adelaide for the loser of Lions v Tigers if they beat Saints/Dogs next week.

My problem is Chol played like a guy who didn't want to be out there, or certainly not out there in that position on the ground. I dunno if he was scared of body contact or lost it between the ears or what, but he was insipid. I've seen other players play games where they can't be f’ed; Dusty had a few of those early in the year. But Chol didn't want to go near the contest and even that one hander he took was pretty much pure ass.

We regularly rove opposition hitouts so i'm not really bothered about the centre bounces, and boundary throwins get split up depending on where they occur.

Like I said before, i'd rather play Caddy forward and rotate Dusty and Cotchin through the goalsquare. Balta can take ruck contests if he has to and we can always bring in Broad if we look a bit light on in defence.

But I wont be melting if we pick Chol. I reserve the right to melt afterwards though if he puts in another shocker.
Chol has to impact the scoreboard when pushed forward , we cannot afford his man zoning off to
Chop out whoever plays on jack, has to make his direct opponent acountable for him, we can't let jack be double teamed all night , he's got a big role to play now that lynch isn't there

I feel them winning wouldn't hurt so much if we lose Friday night as if we then get past the SF we would face them off a bye and most likely in QLD. It's a win/win anyway, even if we beat the lions we will play Port in QLD. Thoughts?

I actually hope both Geelong and us win, it would make things a lot tougher for the teams in 5th to 8th getting past the 2nd week and it also takes away the home ground advantage Brisbane & Port Adelaide potentially hold for the Prelims.

Chol has an opportunity here. Hope the coaches got into his head and he goes hard. He has the ability to be quite amazing. But he's more flashes than solid performance.

Still prefer Caddy for Lynch in any case. But I guess Dimma won't take my opinion into account. :(

My problem is Chol played like a guy who didn't want to be out there, or certainly not out there in that position on the ground. I dunno if he was scared of body contact or lost it between the ears or what, but he was insipid. I've seen other players play games where they can't be f’ed; Dusty had a few of those early in the year. But Chol didn't want to go near the contest and even that one hander he took was pretty much pure ass.

I'm coming round to that as a very good strategy. Situation is Prestia & Bolton IN: great news. Shuffle Lambert, Cotch & Edwards forward. Big problem: perceived lack of competitiveness in Chol (he kicked his average 1 goal) Aarts, Caddy & JR kick 2 each) no Lynch again.
Solution one; drop Chol leave Caddy & Aarts IN and get Balta & JR to help out in the ruck whenever. A fwd line line like 2017.
Solution two: leave Chol in and have the same tall fwd set us last game. Aarts dropped for Bolton. JR, Caddy smalls mids will kick enough goals anyhow. Chol pinch hits And is on field insurance for Nank (Having said that if Nank goes down now its season over anyhow)
Solution three; Miller for Chol. Apparently been good as fwd/ruck in practice matches. We've debuted players in finals before. But we also have Broad sitting out of the team.
Solution four: Broad in the backline. Broad unlucky not to be playing anyhow; Balta forward for Chol. Caddy stays. Prestia, Bolton & Broad. OUTs Ross, Chol & Aarts. Pros: Broad knows the role very well & knows this opposition so no problem there. Same backline as 2019. Balta fwd/ruck more mobile than Chol & Lynch anyhow. Question mark is if Marb's 3 kicks, a couple of hit outs and a goal is the bench mark could Balta provide that.
No 4 for me I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back