Preview 2nd Qualifying Final: Brisbane V Richmond @ Gabba, 02/10/2020 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im ok with Caddy being out on the basis that with the inclusions of Prestia and Bolton that Dusty will play 60/40 forward and do the caddy role anyway.

Reckon we will isolate him a bit tomorrow night. Not a great time to be a lions defender.

Gerard Healy suggesting lions player Zac Bailey should play on Dusty when his in the midfield lol

Zac Bailey 182cm 83kgs
Dusty 187cm 93kgs

Dusty would destroy him.

What the hell has Healy been smoking?

Less than a day away from finding out if we have a secret new method for entering our fwd 50. All year we’ve been bombing it in and I’ve been waiting to see if we have something else up our sleeve.

We probably don’t unfortunately, but it would be handy since we’re down a tall. Need to make more use of Balta, Short and Vlas. Great long shots at goal and at finding a target.

Also, need to find a way to get Mabs more possessions. Brilliant with ball in hand - evasive and clever around the ground; deadly in front of goal.

Less than a day away from finding out if we have a secret new method for entering our fwd 50. All year we’ve been bombing it in and I’ve been waiting to see if we have something else up our sleeve.

We probably don’t unfortunately, but it would be handy since we’re down a tall. Need to make more use of Balta, Short and Vlas. Great long shots at goal and at finding a target.

Also, need to find a way to get Mabs more possessions. Brilliant with ball in hand - evasive and clever around the ground; deadly in front of goal.
Our forward entries have changed a lot in the last 10 rounds. Early on against Pies, Swans etc. we were bombing it in and couldn't get through the flood. However we've rectified that and have definitely been hitting up shorter leads when necessary. No surprise, our scoring has increased. We'll be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone will get off the leash in our forwardline. I doubt it would be Dusty as they will have made plan after plan how to try and combat him. My guess is that someone such as George actually learns how to kick straight and has a blinder. So important for us that Chol hits the packs because they will be double or even triple teaming Jack at every opportunity.

Coaches will have drilled that into him. I'm tipping he responds.

Would it be crazy to send Balta forward if we are struggling in that department? Lynch out means Lions intercept mark could kill us
That's definitely one of those last roll of the dice moves if we find ourselves 25 points down in the second half and nothings working, we have that up our sleeve as something to try.

You stick to the system until its not working though.

Would it be crazy to send Balta forward if we are struggling in that department? Lynch out means Lions intercept mark could kill us
I think Vlastuin is the one. More than capable and could play the defensive forward role and keeping Noddy Harris accountable.
Our backline structure with Astbury back in allows Grimes and Balta to play the Vlastuin role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back