Preview 2nd Qualifying Final: Brisbane V Richmond @ Gabba, 02/10/2020 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
State of play.. as I read it..
- H Andrews , J Berry to return for the Lions
- S Bolton, D Prestia to return for us
- T Lynch TBC (would've liked them to have ticked him off by now.)

Selection is going to be seriously interesting .. I worry about them monstering us around the ball with their two rucks. I know it hasn't necessarily hurt us in the past, but I loathe losing the clearance differential like we so often do against the other good sides.

We can't afford Neale, Zorko, Lyons, Mccluggage to get first hands on the ball, especially at the Gabba where one kick can get you deep I50. I understand we will have our full compliment of mids (welcome back Dion) but I just worry about Nank carrying the load.. potentially with no back up? Not sure what Dimma does there..

I also bloody hate these stupid streaks we notch up (haven't lost to Brisbane since XXX), which ultimately have to end at some point...

Just had a look at the lions board. Apparently there best will put our best away any day of the week, its that simple :drunk:
Yes we've been hearing that from all the top teams lately. The only difference is that the other team supporters have been visiting us on our board and saying it. Then some of them come back after the game and say well played we weren't good enough.
I think teams like Port Brisbane and Geelong are just happy that they're good.

Thanks to Tigs 2019 QF was a record crowd. Proudest I’ve ever felt.

View attachment 972150
I must say this was an electric night re the atmosphere. We flew up in the morning and the electricity running around the ground was amazing. Think you guys are still abit in front of us but you never know what can happen. The main pressure we can put on you is scoreboard pressure. Not saying it will win the game but kicking points i gather can become deflating to your teammates and IMO the best pressure we can do is scoreboard pressure. Looking forward to a cracker of a game, hopefully.

Last edited:
Just had a look at the lions board. Apparently there best will put our best away any day of the week, its that simple :drunk:

there's every chance we can loose a final this or any year

however we have only hit 3rd gear a couple times this year, if anything we are the team that will come out and absolutely demolish every single team if we hit 5th or 6th gear in the finals...all the oppo players would be fearing us and not the other way around. we would not be fearing spud teams like brisbane...gastro part 2 or covid infecting the club is about the only thing that could beat us this friday

have noticed for 4 years now, we often win and then you look at the player ratings and the oppo has 4 out of the top 5 and 7-8 of the top 10

That is because we fiddle around moving from the rear pocket to our goalmouth via a series of messy marking spoils, tap ons, tackle spillages, kicks off the ground and forward fumbles, all in about 3.7 seconds dead, because we panic and rush things.

Then the opposition get it on the wing and calmly, with a series of laser like perfectly executed disposals go bang bang bang bang bang bang, wing to their defensive goal line in 39 seconds. What chance do we really have of ever beating these better teams for player ratings? 😁

That is because we fiddle around moving from the rear pocket to our goalmouth via a series of messy marking spoils, tap ons, tackle spillages, kicks off the ground and forward fumbles, all in about 3.7 seconds dead, because we panic and rush things.

Then the opposition get it on the wing and calmly, with a series of laser like perfectly executed disposals go bang bang bang bang bang bang, wing to their defensive goal line in 39 seconds. What chance do we really have of ever beating these better teams for player ratings? 😁
Yeah and that's why every oppo coach looks bewildered in the press conference after the game "but we smashed them in all the KPIs...:think:"

Yeah and that's why every oppo coach looks bewildered in the press conference after the game "but we smashed them in all the KPIs...:think:"

We do f*ck their sh1t up that is for sure. 😂

And apparently our weakness is teams who retain possession and go slowly by kicking and marking. FMD. 😂😂

And Brad Scott is apparently some sort of modern day Nepolean Bonaparte because he does whatever each opposition would least want him to do, in round 8 or something. 😂😂😂. You gotta be sh1ttin me.

Just can't get excited for this game, last year I headed to a packed London Tavern to meet up with some mates to watch the game, atmosphere was electric.

This year I will be at home watching on my own, have become a bit disinterested lately because of this.

finally seeing an advantage of being an interstate member that can only attend 1-2 games a year usually

doesn't feel much different

need to move to melbourne so can attend every game once coronas is gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we are gonna loose
Whatever happens,I still reckon Richmond can win even from 5th,Hawks did it albeit with a weaker comp and the 2 new teams were still nowhere near as good as they are now and I am sure the Hawks weren’t sitting near bottom on the umpires Christmas list either.
Thanks to Tigs 2019 QF was a record crowd. Proudest I’ve ever felt.

View attachment 972150
Went up with a Tiger friend who,funny enough moved to the GC in Jan and now watching the Tigers live in Queensland,lucky bloke.

Great bloke,whole family,pretty much passionate Tigers.

The Gabba is a bloody loud stadium,especially when up in the top stand,the sound stays in the stand and reverberates.

Lions fans will be doing EVERYTHING to get their players over the line and the umpires will let them with a Matt Preston of swallowed whistles.

Having said that,may I say this,umpires usually let the game flow and only pay the obvious ones in finals.

Not far now people.

Last edited:
I must say this was an electric night re the atmosphere. We flew up in the morning and the electricity running around the ground was amazing. Think you guys are still abit in front of us but you never know what can happen. The main pressure we can put on you is scoreboard pressure. Not saying it will win the game but kicking points i gather can become deflating to your teammates and IMO the best pressure we can do is scoreboard pressure. Looking forward to a cracker of a game, hopefully.

I flew up for this game too and agree totally with you about the atmosphere. It was electric.

That`s why I can`t understand these people coming out and criticising a night Grand Final at the Gabba, I doubt these people have ever attended a night game at the Gabba with a big crowd.

Fair enough Perth would have been a better option if available but the comments that the Gabba is run down etc. are just ridiculous.
The Gabba is a fantastic stadium at night with a big crowd.

I was at that game too. It was a very windy day and lions were talking long kicks for goal. Which was low percentage strategy. Be interesting to see if game plans change.

Just can't get excited for this game, last year I headed to a packed London Tavern to meet up with some mates to watch the game, atmosphere was electric.

This year I will be at home watching on my own, have become a bit disinterested lately because of this.

Chin up mate.
Hang in there, a Tigers win will put a smile on your dial

I wonder if Chol doesn't play if you say to Balta - you follow the Big O everywhere. If Big O is ruck, you go and ruck, then when he's forward, you're on him.
And Lynch and JR to ruck up fwd. Caddy/Aarts to be more effective as a fwd than Chol. If Nank breaks down mid game is the only concern. But if that happens it's season over anyhow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back