VFL 2nd Qualifying Final - Collingwood vs Williamstown at Princes Park (2pm start, Game Day from Page 7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmoore30

All Australian
Dec 3, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Didn't Casey lose? Didn't we finish 1st and Footscray 4th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Casey won.

Last time I trust the Internet
d69c8394873673a427849aae5b8ef916.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ that's the 3/4 time scores but Casey ran all over them in the last.

As per Dave below........

"Can you post in Willy Game Thread that this game decided IF We make the GF or Not.

I have Willy Favourites for the Game

Please Post That"

As per Dave below........

"Can you post in Willy Game Thread that this game decided IF We make the GF or Not.

I have Willy Favourites for the Game

Please Post That"

Not necessarily.

Of the 16 premierships won since the advent of the hybrid competition in 2000, 2 have been won by a team that lost its qualifying final, then went on to win the next 3 finals to take the flag, including beating their QF victors. It was Geelong both times, in 2002 and 2012 (and both times over Port Melbourne!)

So, Dave, if you're reading along at home, all hope won't be lost if we lose...

As someone who doesn't really follow the VFL, where did we end up finishing on the ladder? If we finished second, why are we playing at Princes Park?

As someone who doesn't really follow the VFL, where did we end up finishing on the ladder? If we finished second, why are we playing at Princes Park?

2nd.

Long story short, Yarra City council have denied us access to Vic Park for "logistical" reasons. And Olympic Park/Holden Centre is unavailable also. So, we have to take Princes Park as a shitty compromise...

Huge game, winner becomes favourite to win the VFL flag for mine because they avoid Casey (most likely) in the prelim and are on the easier side of the draw.

With the 6-7 players we will get back we should be able to go close to winning this.

Not being at Williamstown helps, they are a 5-6 goal better team there.

Huge game, winner becomes favourite to win the VFL flag for mine because they avoid Casey (most likely) in the prelim and are on the easier side of the draw.

With the 6-7 players we will get back we should be able to go close to winning this.

Not being at Williamstown helps, they are a 5-6 goal better team there.

Marsh, Goldsack, Williams, Phillips, Crocker and Wills to return from senior duties should they survive tomorrow, along with hopefully Toovey and maybe even Oxley as well.

We lose Cox though, but he was labouring today anyway. Shoulder obviously not 100%...

Hopefully they're not wearing that...

Marsh, Goldsack, Williams, Phillips, Crocker and Wills to return from senior duties should they survive tomorrow, along with hopefully Toovey and maybe even Oxley as well.

We lose Cox though, but he was labouring today anyway. Shoulder obviously not 100%...
Gault is actually an upgrade on the current version of Cox if we are talking about Witts' ruck backup.

Ever since Mason got that shoulder injury then went and met the VP he's been terrible. Bad finish to a good first season as a senior player.

Wyatt might come back in too, I know we'd all love that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gault is actually an upgrade on the current version of Cox if we are talking about Witts' ruck backup.

Ever since Mason got that shoulder injury then went and met the VP he's been terrible. Bad finish to a good first season as a senior player.

Wyatt might come back in too, I know we'd all love that.

No.

Looking at our R7 team (below) that faced Williamstown most of our possible AFL inclusions played in that game, but a few other AFL listers and important VFL players didn't.

B
Golds, Marsh, Pendlebury
HB Goodyear, Hore, Williams
C Hellier, Moloney , Phillips
HF Goldsack, Close, Macaffer
F Wyatt, Cloke, Borthwick
R Witts, Sier, Aish

I Gray, Kelly, Lane, Smith, Hinkley

Cloke and Aish can't play, Wyatt and Sier have missed the last few, Hore and Close have hardly been sighted since. That would make 6 likely inclusions from R7. Those who didn't play in R7 Crocker, Frost, Gault, Oxley*, Toovey, Wills, Collopy, Ferguson, Indovino, Matheson, Still, Taylor, Wallace

Looking at our R7 team (below) that faced Williamstown most of our possible AFL inclusions played in that game, but a few other AFL listers and important VFL players didn't.

B
Golds, Marsh, Pendlebury
HB Goodyear, Hore, Williams
C Hellier, Moloney , Phillips
HF Goldsack, Close, Macaffer
F Wyatt, Cloke, Borthwick
R Witts, Sier, Aish

I Gray, Kelly, Lane, Smith, Hinkley

Cloke and Aish can't play, Wyatt and Sier have missed the last few, Hore and Close have hardly been sighted since. That would make 6 likely inclusions from R7. Those who didn't play in R7 Crocker, Frost, Gault, Oxley*, Toovey, Wills, Collopy, Ferguson, Indovino, Matheson, Still, Taylor, Wallace

So, something like this, maybe...?

B: Toovey, Frost, R Pendlebury
HB: Williams, Marsh, Goldsack
C: Phillips, Moloney, Oxley
HF: Crocker, Gault, Macaffer
F: L Howe, Still, Ferguson
R: Witts, Goodyear, Wills
I: Hellier, Gray, Kelly, M Smith, Indovino*

IIRC you were a big fan of his earlier in the season. Has that changed?
Yep changed indeed. He showed some good signs in the VFL pre season games but his regular season has been terrible. Hardly any standout moments let alone standout games. Disappointing indeed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That looks a lot better than today's lineup, which I presume was our weakest for the season in terms of AFL-listed players, with just 7.

Obviously we'd like Oxley to be able to play, he may as well have played today instead of Macaffer, given his recent form. Are the likes of Kelly (injured) and Moloney (I think it was him that was reported) likely to be available (I didn't see the first half of the game)?

Says how strong our line up can be when VFL main stays Borthwick, Collopy and Hinkley can't get a look in. Matheson has been good since returning from injury too.

Has Indovino still qualify as the 23rd?

Has Indovino still qualify as the 23rd?

He does. The 'games played' tally re-sets for finals.

Could even throw out a wild card and play Daicos or Brown as 23rd players as well...

Yep changed indeed. He showed some good signs in the VFL pre season games but his regular season has been terrible. Hardly any standout moments let alone standout games. Disappointing indeed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wyatt coming from a long way back so I'll be interested to see how he comes through another preseason (assuming he gets another crack).

That looks a lot better than today's lineup, which I presume was our weakest for the season in terms of AFL-listed players, with just 7.

Obviously we'd like Oxley to be able to play, he may as well have played today instead of Macaffer, given his recent form. Are the likes of Kelly (injured) and Moloney (I think it was him that was reported) likely to be available (I didn't see the first half of the game)?

Yeah, that was our lowest AFL player total for the year. Although, Dogs only had about 8 or 9 themselves.

I didn't see Kelly go off injured (he was knocked over, but looked just to be winded). Collopy went off in the arms of the trainers.

Moloney is, of course, a pending Tribunal/MRP result. Anyone see what happened...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back