Game Day 2nd QUALIFYING FINAL - Fremantle V. Sydney @ Patersons 3:20 AEST.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
God that's disappointing, fi me free are terrible and we should have won easy.... Absolute golden ticket to whoever gets free in the prelim.

**** sake. Seriously what the **** hell was that last quarter. There's no such thing as a respectable loss, that's just being a god damned apologist. We were s**t for nearly half the game, we kicked ourselves out of it in the first half and never got to within 10 points until there was 1 minute left in the game.

******* painful game of football to watch.

Jetta and Rohan really need to look at themselves and ask if that's the best they can do or give, then what the **** are they doing playing AFL.

Disagree very strongly with your summation. We were outplayed in the first, but if a couple of those behinds were goals, we would have had the lead at quarter time. We played better (apart from goal kicking) for the next 3 quarters and you can't fault them for slightly falling away in the final quarter given they had given everything they had.

I agree that brave losses are a furphy, but I thought we really stepped up for our first final. Looking forward to next week!

Guys, I am sorry that you lost. I have long admired the swans and for today, due to a family style connection to John Rantall I was for the bloods today. Freo just had the bounce of the ball - 05 is seared into my brain, but please, win your semi, win your prelim and smash these purple pretenders on the big stage.

Such a magnificent effort against all odds, Jack, Parker, Bud, all missing, was great to see hanners and Tippet and Goodes play for their jumper.

Best of luck.

We won but wouldn't have if you kicked straight or had your best side in.
We were poor and you made us look worse.
We don't mind that you won but why are your supporters such #%%#€¥%? If you can't show some respect for the champions of this game what's the point?

Disagree very strongly with your summation. We were outplayed in the first, but if a couple of those behinds were goals, we would have had the lead at quarter time. We played better (apart from goal kicking) for the next 3 quarters and you can't fault them for slightly falling away in the final quarter given they had given everything they had.

I agree that brave losses are a furphy, but I thought we really stepped up for our first final. Looking forward to next week!
If I was rich enough I could probably pay Taylor Swift for a lap dance. But it'll never happen, like the result today changing.

kicked ourselves out of it in the first....wouldnt surprise me to see a Swans Hawks GF. There was alot of pressure, it came down to missed opportunities. We had adversity and it was.a loss , we were the better team. They took their chances.

I am proud to be a swan today, the boys were terriffic against the odds. We will gain from this I reckon.

Brando Jack is pretty useless almost every week. I'm baffled as to how he keeps getting selected. Lloyd and Rohan were terrible; Heeney never got into the game but did show a bit late. Jetta was woeful.

Jack was invisible today, but has clearly earned his spot over the last half of the season. The others all had games they'd rather forget, but Lloyd was still giving it a crack at the end.

Shaw's constant willingness to run and present an option, Josh being a monster workhorse and Tippett's warrior effort. So memorable. Adam Goodes was also really good.

And some of those Freo fans...despicable humans that they are. No doubt your comeuppance is around the corner.

Bad luck guys. Gutsy performance to say the least.

- Kennedy unbelievable - possibly best game he's ever played
- Mcveigh brilliant
- Freo are diabolically s**t and will not win the flag
If Freo are diabolically s**t what does that make us considering we couldn't even beat them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't expect McGlynn to be our greatest liability, or for Rohan not to turn up. Very pleased to see Towers show he is a keeper. Love Jones fight and attack on the ball. Won't let you down under pressure. Tippett fantastic. McGlynn, sorry, he is cooked. Won't miss Jetta in the important games. Frontrunner. BJ has a way to go.Hope Smith is back next week.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

If Lewis Jetta is intending to leave, he did us no favours in terms of his trade value today. Biggest issue today was 7.18! You don't win finals kicking that terribly. Fix that next week and we have a chance. Unfortunately, it's been an issue all year and there seems to be little improvement in sight.

We don't mind that you won but why are your supporters such #%%#€¥%? If you can't show some respect for the champions of this game what's the point?
I can only hope it was not Fremantle supporters.
I agree 100% with Lyon and Pav who declared if you boo Goodes you are a bigot and a racist.
If they are our supporters they shame our club.

You lot should be rapt with the effort from the majority of the team today. Were it not for the inaccuracy, you had them covered and this without a handful of your starting 22. Stay proud!

Effort was there from most players...but it's clear our skill level probably isn't up to it. Besides Tippett and Buddy their aren't really any players who want to THE man for the moment in front of goal, everyone else looks so unsure of themselves when lining up.
Carried a few too many passengers which was the difference, our leaders did what was required and then some to keep us in the game....a few players starting to form a reputation for being completely out of their depth in finals football.

Unfortunately, this was the game for us, we had to win.... Richmond would be a difficult test for us this week with the injury to Reid mounting things, if we somehow pass that, taking on the eagles and winning seems incredibly unlikely. Still live to fight another day and we'll see what happens.

If Freo are diabolically s**t what does that make us considering we couldn't even beat them?
You guys played blinded folded and one one leg. (4 of your best out, then reid injured)
Freo had virtually a full team and home ground advantage not to mention 11 rested players.

Was a credit to sydney. *i hate freo too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back