Who’s 2nd ruck come finals?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

DustinsGuns

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Question now has to be asked after Chol has had a couple of poor weeks in a row.

Generally I think it’s accepted that Chol is better around the ground than Soldo, but Soldo is far and away the better tap rack. Who do you think we go with? Do we think we change up and go with neither?

Chol is definitely slipping, gut feel is Nank and Soldo wouldn't be a great combination but due to injury haven't seen it enough to judge properly. Worth a crack before finals imo

Need to maybe see another week of Chol, the problem is will Nank accept the 2nd ruck role and play 2nd fiddle to Ivan Soldo in the past they haven't worked well together that would be the concern.. do we play a Josh Caddy 2nd ruck or bring in Balta for Chol?

Question now has to be asked after Chol has had a couple of poor weeks in a row.

Generally I think it’s accepted that Chol is better around the ground than Soldo, but Soldo is far and away the better tap rack. Who do you think we go with? Do we think we change up and go with neither?
Unleash Balta for one more time, but it’s risky so late with two big games awaiting us.

See a couple of votes for Balta 👍
Reckon he’s worth some thought was dynamic in the 2s today and can pinch hit in so many different roles
Should we read anything into him rucking in the last despite CJ and Soldo both playing!!

DG can we have a separate choice added in Balta. I think he may demand some interest in this discussion.

See a couple of votes for Balta 👍
Reckon he’s worth some thought was dynamic in the 2s today and can pinch hit in so many different roles
Should we read anything into him rucking in the last despite CJ and Soldo both playing!!
CCJ is looking to be a great prospect for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During the week Dimma said we have 3 rucks to choose from for 2 positions and will experiment as we are going down that path (2 rucks). Fairly confident we will see Nank and Soldo over the next 2 weeks
Just watching the replay now and Grigga said pretty much the same thing when asked about our ruck set up

Definitely TI - is having a great year in the 2s and was good again today. I love what he offers at ground level for a guy his size.
He’ll be our no 1 ruck choice imo if not next year the year after
I thought he was serviceable under trying conditions against Essendon and was a bit disappointed he didn’t get another look. He played on a seasoned old ruckman that night. Anyway he got a taste of it and it was some experience banked away. Future looks bright.

Just watching the replay now and Grigga said pretty much the same thing when asked about our ruck set up
Griggs was a breath of fresh air in the commentary and I’m getting the feeling he’s going to move into our coaching staff. He’s excellent with his ideas and knowledge of the game and players.

I thought he was serviceable under trying conditions against Essendon and was a bit disappointed he didn’t get another look. He played on a seasoned old ruckman that night. Anyway he got a taste of it and it was some experience banked away. Future looks bright.
Yer he was pretty good early that night but tired against Bellchambers who is a big unit. I reckon he’s going to have that size himself after another couple of preseasons in the gym.

I think Chol has been a bit hard done by with criticism.

Far from ideal conditions the last couple of weeks.

We have seen him clunk them in the dry and a good set shot.

Still think Chol or Balta offer more versatility as a 2nd ruck than Soldo would.

We cant be too one dimensional in such an important position.

Back