Prediction 2nd ruck in finals?

Who’s 2nd ruck come finals?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You cannot ignore the fact tho with Soldo our run and improvement was with him playing, and we looked alot better in the centre square so to our midfield also.Soldo tackles and his pressure is good also and hits the opposition ruckman hard to.

I can. Center square Clearances Rd 21 (Nank) Plus 9

Centre square Clearances Rd 17-20 (Soldo) average Minus 4.

I don't mind the idea of bringing Soldo back and playing him 50% ruck/50% bench, with Nank playing the other 50% ruck and 30% around the ground or forward. Depends if our rotations can handle having one player only playing half of the game or not.

I think Chol has been a bit hard done by with criticism.

Far from ideal conditions the last couple of weeks.

We have seen him clunk them in the dry and a good set shot.

Still think Chol or Balta offer more versatility as a 2nd ruck than Soldo would.

We cant be too one dimensional in such an important position.

Horses for courses maybe. Chol has really struggled in the wet but finals are coming, the weather should become finer and the grounds harder. If there's a seriously rainy day and a slugfest and all we are concerned about is relentlessly smashing the ball forwards then Soldo. Decent conditions then Chol. If he plays this week and it's dry and he's still quiet then the matter is settled.

I can. Center square Clearances Rd 21 (Nank) Plus 9

Centre square Clearances Rd 17-20 (Soldo) average Minus 4.
Better comparing season stats. Both played 9 games.

Nank
Hitouts -18
Hitouts to Adv -6
Hitouts to Adv % -0.6
Hitout win % +1.1
Total clearance +6
Center clearance +8
Sroppage clearance -2

Over a 9 game period theirs bugger all difference between the two.

the road to a premiership is going to be 4 or 6 games

the heat will be on for the next 2 games and it will increase yet again for the finals

the ruck debate gets a bit circular

Nank & Soldo are 100% AFL centre ready and capable

The 6 6 6 rule makes going with Shane Tuck , Grigg , Caddy takes as very risky
and no doubt , and in part due to us over the past 3 years, the top sides will have a set play ready incase an opposition plays or is forced to play a 3rd string ruck , a quick flurry of centre initiated goals could seal a game before we have time to adjust

Chol & CCJ are shaky but not hopeless at the centre bounce

Balta isn't AFL centre bounce competitive

Chol despite being quiet on Sunday still did very well in the wet in a few passages of play
he has teased us with potential in the dry but there are a few chinks in his armour

CCJ tried real hard in his one game at AFL , he looks good in the VFL but is too thin in the body, at this stage, to go head to head with then likes of Grundy and not risk losing us a game

Balta - went on one of those runs he is becoming famous for , his body looks a little more advanced than CCJ , but his discipline sees him give away cheap frees , he has still been doing that in the VFL. He was on Jeremy Cameron in the earlier game this year , Cameron was on fire but I liked what I saw of Balta trying to compete , he has fire in the belly
but is he ready for the toughest games on the year ? I think Nank , Soldo & Chol are ahead of him now

in the heat of finals footy I don't believe Balta & CCJ are ready , they will hopefully build their experience and poise during this years VFL finals

I think Nank is the anchor of the three

Chol might be the go to for a very fast flowing game , something of a shoot out , Chol can cover some serious ground and is very good in broken play ? maybe GWS

If we are expecting an arm wrestle Soldo is the one that can offer good centre bounce competitiveness plus boundary throw ins and ball ups also he can drop into defence and competitive in the big packs - I can see us trying to stifle the other teams and in congested play Ivan will give us more than Mabir

Back