Autopsy 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Hill, Billings, Kent, Lonie, Sincs and Zones need replacing. Marsh as well although he's handy depth. Savage was great, so was Seb, Steele, Coffield. Marshall and Clark had good bits but looked a bit off their best.

Yes so am I mate

But for the next few hours I'm going to melt and vent
Not me

Not surprised by the result, thought we'd get soundly beaten. Lots of outs, Tigers are a better side, it's ok to lose to a better side.

So excited for the next couple of years, clearly have something building. Can't win the flag at the first time of asking.

There were 21 players in the red, white and black that put in tonight. They weren't good enough and that's OK, it happens. Effort, however, is non negotiable. Putting your body on the line when its your turn is a non negotiable.

For shame Hill. You embarrassed our jumper tonight, and sadly not for the first time this season.

Huge fan of Bachar Houli, what a classy humble champion.

fu** me, Tom Lynch has to be the biggest flog in the game though. What a utensil

Why didn't we put Geary on him?

For the money that Billings and Hill are on, that was an abject failure. They need to have way more influence in matches to justify their pay packages.

Plenty to build on, the core nucleus is there, but Max's goal kicking is a bit of a concern. Needs to tighten it up or he won't be as good as he should be.

What a season. Certainly exceeded expectations.
A normal year with some more cohesion, new recruits, some finals experience and another pre-season into these young blokes and look out.

Game was winnable, poor kicking and poor umpiring got in the way of coming close. Can't see Richmond making it all the way again based on exposed form.
The way we play is if we are not firing on one line then everything falls around it. A few quiet games but I think that's a symptom of other things not working. Definitely missed our 3 big outs that's for sure.

Cotchin and Lynch probably deserve weeks, probably won't get them because AFL. Also deserve a kick in the teeth too but that's another story

Didn't expect us to win, but If we kicked straighter we would've been in the game I reckon. Overall, really proud of the club this season hopefully we recruit wisely and go even further next year. Definitely impressive signs from this team already!

Well done. Loved Butler and Clarke throughout the season. Paddy may have played with two other clubs, but he’ll be a saint forever.
Steele will be the captain next year and Jones will get even better.

Paton is super smart, Wilkie is a champ and Howard will get better as well. Coffield will have a breakout next year.

Hill - I don’t know. Can we trade him to North for the other guy?

What an epic season and effort. Plenty of growth in this side from the younger brigade.

For this match I think we got the result and shows where we are at. I think we've finished to where we are now. We are a top 8 side. Weve improved and gone up a level.

I think we are a top 6 side. But we are not a top 4 side YET.

Need a big pre season and reboot.

Some performances tonight. Seb Ross played with some real grit and fight. He can hold his head high.

Steele started badly but really got going.

Billings was awful. I dont think hes going to make it. Lacks the drive.

Clark i do not like as a defender. He has lazy moments down there. Hes much better in the midfield which I think kills billings ability to get in there.

Cadwell should be a priority. Need to build the younger midfield depth.

Fantastic season saints.

Oh and the coaching. I think went up another level or two. Some very smart moves. Even had moments of controlling the ball.

Plenty to work with!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Port smash these dirty snipers.

Have to say I’m ok with that margin, ( 25 pts - stuff the arc) looked like a blowout at one stage, just a shame our finishing wasn’t there because it could have been a lot closer.

In the end, a very good experience, much more high pressure than last week and the boys fought it out, especially considering who we’re missing out of our best 22.

Proud of them and a season well above expectations.

Last edited:
I have no interest in Hill's GPS numbers.

Next year he starts in the twos and earns his spot.

I would say he needs 2 to 4 weeks of VFL to earn a spot after that s**t. Savage should probably play ahead of Long. Actually was over reliant on short kicks tonight.

That was disappointing, we kicked ourselves out of that game - this misses early put us under pressure for the rest of the game and it showed. In the end it was just a bridge too far with the outs we had and up against a good and experienced side.

BUT..... this game aside, I could not be prouder of our boys. What a year.

I didn’t expect us to make finals and not only did we make it we won one. This will be massive experience for our young group. Big off season (hopefully) even bigger preseason and hopefully we can be pushing top 4 next year.

Ratten and the boys on field, Finnis, Lethers and co off it. We are in a great position and can’t wait to see this young list rise up the ladder.

GO SAINTS.

Chin up lads, you guys are building something nice.

Not being condescending at all, genuinely good list build happening and I love the promise of players like Battle (albeit injured /struggling tonight) Marshall and Steele is a star, next Lenny Hayes.

You're on the right track with Ratts at the helm and the injuries hurt tonight.

Good luck for next season.

Can't be too salty. Richmond are the next rung up and we can't afford injuries to 7 of our best 18.

Thought we did well to be within 30 points or so considering Carlisle, Ryder, Gresham, Billings, Hill, Lonie and Kent weren't playing. I thought King, Coffield, Battle and to a lesser extent Clark really stood up and looked like they fitted right into finals footy. Lots of improvement in us, not sure there is much more in Tigers.

HAVE TO GET SOME MIDFIELD CLASS IN THE TRADE PERIOD. Got to put some big names on the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back