Autopsy 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree on Caldwell. Should be able to get that done.

I keep seeing this kid's name. I might have missed something, is he indicating he wants to leave GWS and come to Saints. Is no other club interested in him? Why are we so confident we will get him?

Just seems to me we have sort of talked ourselves into thinking he has nominated us. My understanding is GWS are still in talks and if/when they collapse and Caldwell is on the market there will be a few clubs piling on?

I don't have a big issue with Lynch. Gotta remember we all worshipped Plugger when he played and Plugger makes Lynch look like labrador puppy.
Plugger played in an era where that was acceptable though, or at the very least was considered 'part of the game'.
The AFL have gone to great lengths to sanitise the game, and I think we can credit that with the game flourishing while the NRL has floundered, a family friendly and positive environment.
The issue comes when we have a young man who's rubbed out for a final for attacking the ball, while this silver spoon fed d*ckhead rolls around throwing punches and knees with impunity, well off the ball. It's a disgrace. Lynch is who he is because the MRO have conditioned him to be so.

There's not really much out this year and the ones that are all have issues. De Goey professionalism, Hogan professionalism. Rest are neither here nor there for mine.

We gave up our first rounder a few years back for a bloke who never ended up playing a game for us. Andy Lovett. Let’s not go down that road again.

Watching the first quarter again, we were fine early. Shai Bolton's second goal I just laughed, in appreciation of his audacity.

Then we Keystone-Copped around and their boy with the pr0n star mo booted a gimmie and you can see we lost the plot mentally at that point. Look at the faces of Hanneberry, Marshall and Jones.

Plugger played in an era where that was acceptable though, or at the very least was considered 'part of the game'.
The AFL have gone to great lengths to sanitise the game, and I think we can credit that with the game flourishing while the NRL has floundered, a family friendly and positive environment.
The issue comes when we have a young man who's rubbed out for a final for attacking the ball, while this silver spoon fed d*ckhead rolls around throwing punches and knees with impunity, well off the ball. It's a disgrace. Lynch is who he is because the MRO have conditioned him to be so.

Yeah , how dare Caven try to break Pluggers elbow with his head , the weak coward . :rolleyes:

Been a great year guys. Geelong win tonight and we finish 5th. From where we were 12 months ago it is an unbelievable improvement.

Woke up this morning immensely proud of the way we've conducted ourselves this year. Super professional and had many jumping on the bandwagon. No COVID breaches, no assaults outside kebab shops, no whinging or complaining about the circumstances. Just got on with doing the jumper and the supporters proud.

I used to like Richmond but think they have lost their way a bit. Their arrogance has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Complained all year about going into hubs. Undisciplined on and off the field. Think they lost a lot of general support this year, myself included.

They don't win with very much grace and they can revel in that now given they are a good side but once that pendulum inevitably swings the other way in the next few years I doubt they will have many others wishing them well. Winning is almost everything. It's about how you win. Powerhouse teams in the past have been revered for obviously their play but also how they conducted themselves. I can't say Richmond will have the same reputation.

As for us the year speaks for itself. Ratts and co have instilled humility, belief and pride in our group. They know what it means to all St.Kilda people. I don't think they understood that in the past, but the way the club has been able to let the fans in, in a very challenging year, has been first class.

We've seen players emerge. Butler, Jones, Howard, Ryder, Hill all came in and are all best 22. Steele becoming one of the premiere midfielders in the competition. King having a great first year. Clark, Coffield, Paton all becoming important cogs in the backline. Hunter's move into the midfield next year is going to be so exciting.

Anyway I could go on and on. We are building nicely. In 2003 when we were in a similar position we finished 11-11 and missed the eight. I think that experience would've been invaluable, so to make the eight this year and actually win a final is going to be a catalyst to drive this playing group over the summer. This year has been full of learnings and important development. Winning games interstate. Building bonds with each other staying in hubs. Breaking hoodoos all year (winning at the Adelaide Oval, first win against Port since 2011, first win against Sydney since 2011, first finals win since 2010).

We'll look back on this year as the year that turned the clubs fortunes around. In trying circumstances, the youngest team in the competition finished in the top six.

I can't wait for next year. I haven't been this excited for a new season since probably the end of 2003. Core of young exciting talented players who now understand what it takes to win interstate and to win finals. Something the 2003 group didn't have, yet finished a kick away from a Grand Final the year after. 2021 will be a great year for us IMO.
George I think this year tops that because if I remember right we had a easier draw playing lower teams twice because of poor previous years. This year we played everyone once which makes things very even as you cannot have an easy draw. This group at the moment has less superstars like Rooy, Goddard, Hayes, Kossi,Ball etc who were all high draft picks. This team is full of team players that just follow the process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back