Game Day 2nd Semi....Peel v $ubiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawson played near the entire season for Peel. He deserves to play the WAFL finals.

Simple rule would be - Minimum 5 games for Peel/EP and must have played more games for WAFL club than Freo/WC.

I think it's been discussed previously but I like the %/ratio way of doing it. 5 minimum sounds good and needs to be more games for Peel than Freo. That would allow for injured to be able to still play finals if they're unavailable for most of the season - because if they're unavailable due to injury they're unavailable for both teams.

If the AFL Clubs don't stay strong and their dollars to the WAFL diminish the WAFL comp won't struggle it will be finished. Surely even the most ardent of WAFL supporter That don't follow an aligned club can see that. Peel had a host of very young players incl first year boys. Subi had a very experienced line up incl ex AFL players. Perhaps the non aligned clubs should stop playing them and concentrate on the up and comers. The tears from the losing sides scream hypocrisy . Keep giving us the dollars to stay afloat Freo and WC but keep the aligned clubs below strength.
I think most people just want an even comp, not for the aligned clubs to be 'below strength'.

It's important to remember that strong WAFL clubs are what brings the WA talent through to the AFL, even though clearly not enough end up with us. The AFL clubs are very strong and the money the WAFC earns via them is obviously critical to the WAFL. Soon $ubi will come back to the field when their gravy train is cut off, which will be great for the league. The WAFL just need to work out how to deal with the alignment clubs and hopefully we can get an even comp going forward.

I will be gping to the grand final with a Peel polo on. Will be interesting.

Surely even the most ardent Freo supporters can see that the system is broken. The Peel team that has played H&A during the last 2 years is nowhere near a premiership team

2 years ago, no one complained when Freo was playing finals and kept almost all of their players out of WAFL finals. Peel were belted by 100+ points.

Peel have also finished in the finals 3 years running - which is somewhere near a Premiership side.

East Perth have the same benefits as Peel and they didn't even make the finals this year.

The system is not perfect, but there are swings and roundabouts - remember it was the WAFL who torpedoed Freo's and WC's preferred option of standalone teams.

Dawson played near the entire season for Peel. He deserves to play the WAFL finals.

Simple rule would be - Minimum 5 games for Peel/EP and must have played more games for WAFL club than Freo/WC.

That would've ruled Logue out which isn't quite fair imo. As a developing player he'll get great benefit from playing in a WAFL prelim and/or grand and in most years he wouldn't have played so many games.

Whilst we all want to keep it simple I think there needs to be an age attached to the criteria.

Minimum of 5 WAFL games, maximum of 12 AFL games for any player under 24yo.

Minimum 5 WAFL games and must have played more games of WAFL club AFL for any player 24yo and above.

Maximum of 15 AFL listed players.

I posted this in the Peel thread

Peel are playing 17 of the top 22 most games played for peel on the season. Of the 5 to miss one is Strnadica.

The replacements are all in the next half dozen most games played. Its not as if these players weren't playing for peel a good part of the season.

Bray, Morris, Matthews and Thorne the unlucky one, and Thorne only played 10 games.

Its not as if half the side was replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back